Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: AlbertInfrance on August 16, 2013, 05:50:41 am

Title: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: AlbertInfrance on August 16, 2013, 05:50:41 am
It looks like the Coffee Corner is the place for intros.

Hello, I'm Albert.

Been a photographer 50-odd years, including decades being paid for it, now retired.

Interests very eclectic -- everything from macro to landscape, but I'm not into 'street'.

Brit, now living in France

Current kit -- Fuji X-E1 and sundry lenses.

Past kit -- too numerous to list, from 8mm cine to 15"x12" film.

Probably won't spend much time in the Coffee Corner, so tata.
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: bernie west on August 16, 2013, 07:25:15 am
Hi Albert. 

I've been looking at the Fuji XE-1 or the 100S.  Maybe in 6 months or so... :)
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 16, 2013, 07:30:34 am
Hullo Albert.

Similarly, the XE1 is on my list, once the D700 has become a D800 ... it might be some time. Probably be the XE3 by the time that happens
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: Kevin Raber on August 16, 2013, 10:04:47 am
Hi Albert,

Welcome to our Forum and site.  I hope you find both beneficial.  We will be enhancing the site as we move forward and I am sure everyone will enjoy what we have planned.  There is a great group of people on the forums and Michael and I along with Chris are hard at work all the time on new content.  As far as the Fuji goes, I am an X-Pro1 user with a bunch of lenses and just love it.  I found that Capture One does an amazing job with the RAWs from the Fuji.

Once again welcome.

Kevin Raber
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: AlbertInfrance on August 16, 2013, 11:49:28 am
Thanks, all, for the welcomes. See you around the place.
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: RSL on August 16, 2013, 11:56:44 am
Hi, Albert. Sounds as if you've been at this for a while. Equipment is necessary, of course, but it's the pictures that are important. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your actual work on User Critiques. Welcome to the always fascinating, sometimes hair-tearing Luminous Landscape.
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: AlbertInfrance on August 16, 2013, 01:55:45 pm
I've always been more of a techie than anything else -- went to art school and ended up with a qualification in Scientific & Technical photography.

The family tells me some of my stuff is good, so I'll publish and be damned.
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: wolfnowl on August 16, 2013, 03:32:05 pm
Hi Albert, and welcome to the forums!  Don't be shy... jump right in!

Mike.
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: RSL on August 16, 2013, 03:46:13 pm
Mike's right, but be sure you go feet-first. Landing on your head can be painful.

There's hardly a soul on here who hasn't posted some good stuff and some bad stuff, so don't be bashful. Join the crowd.
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: stamper on August 17, 2013, 03:59:49 am
If you have a tin hat left over from the second world war then you will need it on here, along with a suit of armour and access to a good shrink once you have been put through the mangle by some of the residents. ;D
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: AlbertInfrance on August 17, 2013, 04:41:40 am
If you have a tin hat left over from the second world war then you will need it on here, along with a suit of armour and access to a good shrink once you have been put through the mangle by some of the residents. ;D
I've been on enough forums of various types to cope with the idiots (defined as anybody who thinks I'm one!). Thanks for the warning, though.
Title: Re: Hi, I'm new here
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 17, 2013, 09:37:59 am
I've been on enough forums of various types to cope with the idiots (defined as anybody who thinks I'm one!). Thanks for the warning, though.
That's a good attitude for survival.