Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: bernie west on August 16, 2013, 12:59:31 am
-
Hi all. I've been a member here for quite some time, but have been largely away from photography for the last few years (having kids; getting divorced; mid-life crisis... ;) ). I've just started to get back into it seriously, and am looking to get even more serious in the new year. So I've come back to my old photography haunts. One of those was Photo.net, but I inexplicably got banned there the other day ( :( ). It took me a while to remember what my username and password here were, but finally I worked it out this morning.
I'm looking forward to looking around and seeing how things have changed (or stayed the same). Are the forums still active here? It was fairly dead at photo.net compared to what it was 5 years ago. Actually, I hope the tech heads are still here, as I need to get a "new" computer as my current one is in it's death throes. That might be my next thread, I think. :)
Cheers,
Bernie.
-
Hi all. I've been a member here for quite some time, but have been largely away from photography for the last few years (having kids; getting divorced; mid-life crisis... ;) ). I've just started to get back into it seriously, and am looking to get even more serious in the new year. So I've come back to my old photography haunts. One of those was Photo.net, but I inexplicably got banned there the other day ( :( ). It took me a while to remember what my username and password here were, but finally I worked it out this morning.
I'm looking forward to looking around and seeing how things have changed (or stayed the same). Are the forums still active here? It was fairly dead at photo.net compared to what it was 5 years ago. Actually, I hope the tech heads are still here, as I need to get a "new" computer as my current one is in it's death throes. That might be my next thread, I think. :)
Cheers,
Bernie.
Are you sure you're doing the right thing now?
I'm thinking that for a younger man, hiking and fast driving coud make for easier, more relaxed ways of wasting away life than forums!
Unless you have the T-shirt, get that two-seater and go see the world in style! Wish that I could.
http://youtu.be/sj0o0QO2riY
;-)
Rob C
-
Haha! I did that last year (although, in a beat up old landcruiser that broke down every 2000kms), but sadly I didn't enjoy myself. I was a bit of a miserable bag of meat. That's why I'm getting back into photography more. It's reminded me there's still some things in the world I enjoy. 8)
-
Welcome Bernie . . . All I can say about what you said is been there done that, and I am still enjoying photography. I am sure you'll find this forum and the site a benefit to you as you explore your passion again, presuming you stay in photography and don't go the fast car route. We'll do our best to continually bring you new content aimed at helping you understand and enjoy photography more.
Kevin Raber
-
Cheers Kevin.
-
Now he's back, we'll have to stop slagging him off behind his back ...
As for the computer, I'd say 'get a Mac', except that would spark the usual 'Apple fan boy rubbish' vs. 'M$ Windoze' slanging match ;)
-
I'd need to rob a bank to be able to afford a Mac, at this point. ;)
By they way, where do I find the rules for this forum. I can't really remember them. I seem to recall Schewe could call anyone anything he wanted, but he rest of us had to be a bit careful... ;) I don't want to inadvertently get banned here as well... Shut up Bill! (The Chairman knows of some of my inglorious work in other corners of the web...) :)