Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on August 12, 2013, 06:45:12 pm

Title: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: Harald L on August 12, 2013, 06:45:12 pm
One of my favorites in the Dolomites.
Title: Re: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: wolfnowl on August 12, 2013, 11:22:22 pm
You'd want to put a red roof on that, just so you could find your way home!

Mike.
Title: Re: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: francois on August 13, 2013, 02:58:05 am
Very nice photo with the mountain hut totally blended in the landscape. Mike's right, a red roof would make it visible. I like the point of view with those towering peaks overlooking the hut and the very nice clouds.

Well done!
Title: Re: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: muntanela on August 16, 2013, 08:36:46 am
Rifugio Vicenza (Vicenza is the name of a town, the town where worked Palladio), it was built 1903 by the DÖAV (Deutscher und Österreichischer Alpenverein).

http://http://www.rifugiovicenza.com/it/gallery.asp (http://www.rifugiovicenza.com/it/gallery.asp)
Title: Re: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: Harald L on August 16, 2013, 11:27:23 am
I couldn't paint the roof in red but I've tweaked the picture a little bit in order to draw the attention to the hut. This picture hasn't been toned. I find that fits better. What do you think?

(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7435/9506605747_0d8044ea0f_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: francois on August 16, 2013, 12:10:35 pm
Rifugio Vicenza (Vicenza is the name of a town, the town where worked Palladio), it was built 1903 by the DÖAV (Deutscher und Österreichischer Alpenverein).

http://http://www.rifugiovicenza.com/it/gallery.asp (http://www.rifugiovicenza.com/it/gallery.asp)

Thanks for info… I've always liked alpine huts and shelters.
Title: Re: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: francois on August 16, 2013, 12:11:46 pm
I couldn't paint the roof in red but I've tweaked the picture a little bit in order to draw the attention to the hut. This picture hasn't been toned. I find that fits better. What do you think?

…

I cannot say that it is a better image as I like the first version but this one is superb too. I think that I prefer the last (untoned) version…
Title: Re: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: RSL on August 16, 2013, 01:27:57 pm
Any way you  slice it, it's a fine shot, Harald.
Title: Re: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: wolfnowl on August 16, 2013, 03:33:41 pm
Actually I was talking about the building itself having something bold so that you could find it on the hillside!  I don't think selective colour would do much for the image, but I like the way you've brought it forward.

Mike.
Title: Re: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: muntanela on August 16, 2013, 04:00:51 pm
Its german name was (and still is ) Langkofelhütte. It was all built from local stone, even the roof. Its design is very Deutsch indeed...
Title: Re: Rifugio Vincenca
Post by: muntanela on August 16, 2013, 04:03:07 pm
I couldn't paint the roof in red but I've tweaked the picture a little bit in order to draw the attention to the hut. This picture hasn't been toned. I find that fits better. What do you think?

Very good!