Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: disneytoy on August 12, 2013, 01:50:22 am

Title: Larger Roll option for Red River Aurora Natural?
Post by: disneytoy on August 12, 2013, 01:50:22 am
Hi!

I like the print quality, and the price of Red River's Aurora Fine Art Natural paper. But it only goes up to 24" on a roll. I will be doing some 44" and 60" prints soon. I'm looking at Moeb Entrada. But what other similar papers come in 44" rolls that are cost effective?

thanks

Marc
Title: Re: Larger Roll option for Red River Aurora Natural?
Post by: hugowolf on August 12, 2013, 11:51:37 am
I think you are unlikely to find anything at that sort of price range, which is about 60¢ per sq ft. You would, however, probably want to go with something a little heavier for the wider paper and would generally get free shipping for that quantity – I don’t know how much RR charges for shipping.

Canson Rag Photographique 310 is a little whiter, but no OBAs, and is $1.92 per sq ft in 44 inch rolls. Hahnemühle Photo Rag 308 is also a little whiter, has very small amounts of OBAs, and is about $2.04 per sq ft (the rolls are less expensive than Canson’s, but are only 39 feet compared to 50 feet long). Moab Entrada 300 (actually more like 290 g/m² if I remember correctly) is about $1.60 per foot in 44 by 40 foot rolls.

I don’t what Innova’s pricing is like for their smooth natural whie cotton rag.

Brian A
Title: Re: Larger Roll option for Red River Aurora Natural?
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on August 12, 2013, 12:14:25 pm
There are two papers, 270-280 gsm, 25% cotton, both distributed by Innova. An Olmec and an Innova quality, below 9 Euro per square meter.

Edit: Olmec OLM66 Soft White Cotton 275gsm, Innova IFA15 Soft White Cotton 280gsm. Spectral plot is almost identical with the Red River Aurora Natural (230gsm according my scale and 100% cotton according RR) and to the old Lumijet White Velvet 270gsm that is reincarnated in a similar Hahnemühle quality for rebranding. Textures differ though, smooth to mild texture over the four.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.