Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on August 10, 2013, 12:43:43 pm

Title: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 10, 2013, 12:43:43 pm
(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3814/9480777206_c615dd766e_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: cjogo on August 10, 2013, 01:39:38 pm
Two similar homes along that space  .... this is the true-Frank.  Who was the driver on that escapade  :D
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 10, 2013, 01:50:53 pm
Some wacky-ass local, if I remember right.
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: cjogo on August 10, 2013, 02:11:24 pm
Pretty sharp & well-composed  >>>>  for shooting from a moving car window ;D
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 10, 2013, 04:42:31 pm
Especially considering is was shot with a Nikon Coolpix AW100 P&S. I think it was the skills of the driver in avoiding any potholes.
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 10, 2013, 05:17:35 pm
I trust your passenger told you about upcoming potholes while you drove with one hand and photographed out the window.   :D
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 10, 2013, 08:55:13 pm
Cjogo drove, I shot, but I've been known to do the latter.
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: cjogo on August 10, 2013, 10:28:53 pm
I trust your passenger told you about upcoming potholes while you drove with one hand and photographed out the window.   :D


Driven this road for over 35 years ...know every new & old pothol[/i]es..... :D
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 10, 2013, 11:16:18 pm
You two are a good team.
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: cjogo on August 12, 2013, 04:28:36 pm
You two are a good team.


Yeah > Chris can handle the all "alternative" processes > and I just point the direction to steer his lens   ;D
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: degrub on August 12, 2013, 10:58:17 pm
Ugh. If i was FLW, i wouldn't claim the house... Now that is a great scene to photograph on the other hand.

Frank
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: Mjollnir on August 13, 2013, 10:23:42 am
I hope you didn't skip the Tor House, just seconds away from there.

Far more interesting.
Title: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright's Clinton Walker Home, Carmel, CA
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 13, 2013, 12:42:09 pm
You'll have to talk to my tour guide, cjogo as to what I saw and didn't see..it was a bit of a whirlwind tour. I think we saw everything in that beachside area but were in a car. Not much room to stop and linger.