Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mdg on August 09, 2013, 11:48:03 pm

Title: 3880 sig worth vs 3885
Post by: mdg on August 09, 2013, 11:48:03 pm
I would like to start printing my own work and I am eyeing on epson 3880 sig worth.  However, I am living in the Philippines and Epson 3885 is the 3880 version of Asia region.  For local support and warranty, 3885 seems to be the logical choice.

My question, is there significant difference between 3880 sig worth and 3885?  I have asked and googled but I cannot get a clear answer.

Thank you.
Title: Re: 3880 sig worth vs 3885
Post by: howardm on August 10, 2013, 07:44:11 am
The 'Sig Worthy' edition comes w/ a selection (ie. sample pack) of Epson's new high-end 'Signature Worthy' papers (Hot/Cold Press and EEF)
Title: Re: 3880 sig worth vs 3885
Post by: mdg on August 10, 2013, 08:32:26 pm
Thank you.  So is 3880 and 3885 the same in all aspects except the papers?
Title: Re: 3880 sig worth vs 3885
Post by: hugowolf on August 10, 2013, 09:38:20 pm
Thank you.  So is 3880 and 3885 the same in all aspects except the papers?
Yes.

In some markets there is also a Design edition, which comes with RIP software, but the printer is the same 3880/3885.

Brian A
Title: Re: 3880 sig worth vs 3885
Post by: mdg on August 10, 2013, 10:43:08 pm
Thank you so much. So I guess I'll get the 3885 then.