Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on August 08, 2013, 02:24:00 pm

Title: clouds and skein
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 08, 2013, 02:24:00 pm
Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: clouds and skein
Post by: francois on August 09, 2013, 03:47:49 am
I was not to thrilled by the thumbnail but the larger size image reveals a nice flock of birds (ducks?) and the sky is gorgeous.
Well done!
Title: Re: clouds and skein
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 09, 2013, 02:01:59 pm
I was not to thrilled by the thumbnail but the larger size image reveals a nice flock of birds (ducks?) and the sky is gorgeous.
Well done!

Thanks. I was told by one who professes to know these things that they're geese; hence the title.

Jeremy
Title: Re: clouds and skein
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 09, 2013, 05:13:43 pm
I agree with Francois: the sky is lovely, but it's the geese that really make the image. Nice timing!
It should look good in a really big print.
Title: Re: clouds and skein
Post by: francois on August 10, 2013, 07:25:02 am
Thanks. I was told by one who professes to know these things that they're geese; hence the title.

Jeremy

I must say that I didn't read the title and went directly to your photo… I'm no expert when it comes to birds or fishes, reading the title would have helped.

Anyway, I like your photo and that's what's important.
Title: Re: clouds and skein
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 10, 2013, 03:37:53 pm
I must say that I didn't read the title and went directly to your photo… I'm no expert when it comes to birds or fishes, reading the title would have helped.

Anyway, I like your photo and that's what's important.

Francois, there was not intended to be any hint of criticism in my post: please don't think there was. Ignoring my titles is usually sensible, but on this occasion I included a hint. Thanks for the comment.

Jeremy
Title: Re: clouds and skein
Post by: francois on August 11, 2013, 03:53:42 am
Francois, there was not intended to be any hint of criticism in my post: please don't think there was. Ignoring my titles is usually sensible, but on this occasion I included a hint. Thanks for the comment.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
I didn't take it as criticism at all. I'm going straight to your photos because I tend to like them and I'm eager to discover them…

 8)