Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: aricronald on August 06, 2013, 07:10:37 am

Title: Introduction
Post by: aricronald on August 06, 2013, 07:10:37 am
Hello everyone this is Aric Ronald and I am new to this forum. I found this forum very useful and that's why I joined it. I am here to discus about various aspects of photography. I really want to take an active part in this forum.
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 06, 2013, 08:30:13 am
Welcome to the forum! It's a great place to hang out, get good (and sometimes bad) info, and see lots of good photos.
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: RSL on August 06, 2013, 11:53:13 am
Hi Aric, and welcome. As usual, Eric's right, but he forgot to point out that the good info is over on User Critiques. The bad info is here on The Coffee Corner.
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: BernardLanguillier on August 07, 2013, 09:15:37 pm
Welcome Aric, I am sure you'll enjoy your time at LL.

The beauty here is the diversity of backgrounds, cultures, age and interests that can result in some eye opening conversations on various topics, sometimes even including photography!  ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Rocco Penny on August 07, 2013, 09:33:44 pm
any photographic endeavor will see an expert here-
after struggling for years to find the silver bullet that would help my own approach to making something meaningful if not beautiful,
I ran across this site innocently enough when the z3100 I use was giving me the dread "pizza wheel marks" and dragging ink across the surface of my high dollar baryta
I wasted very little paper after reading this site-
you'll see,
any interest will find a real expert here
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Rob C on August 08, 2013, 12:20:04 pm
Hey, Aric - welcome to the asylum!

Rob C
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: wolfnowl on August 10, 2013, 02:20:07 am
One more voice - welcome to the group!

Mike.
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Jim Pascoe on August 10, 2013, 04:20:36 am
Welcome Aric!  The others have said it all - but if you come back to this post in five years time you will come to better understand the other welcome messages above - they are quite illuminating  ;D

Seriously though - there is a huge pool of knowledge here - though I have to say I personally find the non-technical discussions the most interesting.

Jim
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Kevin Raber on August 10, 2013, 06:57:38 am
Welcome, nice to have you with us.  This has been a main stay of learning for me for years, and now I am happy to be the publisher. We look forward to your participation.

Kevin Raber
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Vladimirovich on August 10, 2013, 10:41:02 am
and see lots of good photos.
actually not...if you will see more & much better photos elsewhere... here naturally people are so concerned w/ "(c)" & theft that rarely you see anything posted and in size that allows appreciation
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: RSL on August 10, 2013, 11:34:37 am
This is what I was referring to, Aric.
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: mezzoduomo on August 10, 2013, 08:08:48 pm
actually not...if you will see more & much better photos elsewhere... here naturally people are so concerned w/ "(c)" & theft that rarely you see anything posted and in size that allows appreciation


This is what I was referring to, Aric.

Speaking of introductions: "Pot, I'd like to introduce you to Kettle.  Kettle, say hello to Pot."   ;)
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: RSL on August 10, 2013, 09:27:34 pm
This too.
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Rocco Penny on August 11, 2013, 10:34:20 am
This too.
I agree,

it is too easy to change the nature of an internet forum/website/etc.
with very little effort, to reflect the poison and vitriol embodied in the poster effecting change.
Forget the HOURS spent by others/ effort laid out/ REAL talent and lucky for me at least to see the energy flow,
I don't know about any of you,
but political talk and religious or (blue/red) talk always demarcates a boundry,
and art is boundless.
Carping and backbiting belong somewhere else.
I realize I'm complaining, and poor Aric is some unsuspecting bystander,
but I mean that-
backbiting carping complaining,
those are the hallmarks of dissatisfaction,
& couldn't be farther from the truth for what I have gleaned from these pages through the years.
Always one or two guys,
some nebulous struggle,
ends in bad feelings,
the worse offenders make up and fade away,
meanwhile back in the jungle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p54nGKGO-MA
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: EduPerez on August 14, 2013, 04:08:02 am
Sorry, but upon reading your message, the first thought that came to my mind was "spam"...
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Harald L on August 14, 2013, 04:20:32 am
Interesting what kind of discussion can be ignited by a simple "Hi I'm the new guy". ;D

Harald

PS: Welcome!
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Rob C on August 14, 2013, 04:56:28 pm
Interesting what kind of discussion can be ignited by a simple "Hi I'm the new guy". ;D

Harald

PS: Welcome!



I received an E-mail yesterday telling me that the sender wasn't afraid of sex if she liked the guy, that she liked me very much, as a matter of fact, and she then went on to ruin it by asking me to click on her link in order to allow us to get know one another better...

And to think I'd been supposed to think she'd already thought me stunningly cool! She'd have had more luck using a serpent. Or an apple. Maybe not an Apple.

Yeah, spams a fun thing if you kill it straight away.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: WalterEG on August 14, 2013, 06:13:30 pm
You need a hobby Rob,

Too much time on your hands if you are reading those emails.

W
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Rob C on August 15, 2013, 03:27:24 am
You need a hobby Rob,

Too much time on your hands if you are reading those emails.

W



But they are only short ones, Walter, appetizers, as it were, for the Trojan Horse about to enter your system! Why is sex so associated with alien organisms entering systems? Mystery.

I've been wondering about a hobby: tried food, didn't do it; thought about other women - can't find any I would want to find; had a brief notion to travel and realised that it inevitably meant more 'pointless' snaps. However, I now understand the mindset of a certain Mr Rip Van Winkle. I guess the Master Plan has it about right: three-score years and ten, then rest is up to you. Except that often it's not.

I first heard this chick some few years ago; she can do jazz vocals too. Now she'd be a fine hobby!

http://youtu.be/3r7bCoCAyzk

Enjoy!

Rob C
Title: Re: Introduction
Post by: Harald L on August 15, 2013, 05:31:22 pm


I received an E-mail yesterday telling me that the sender wasn't afraid of sex if she liked the guy, that she liked me very much, as a matter of fact, and she then went on to ruin it by asking me to click on her link in order to allow us to get know one another better...

And to think I'd been supposed to think she'd already thought me stunningly cool! She'd have had more luck using a serpent. Or an apple. Maybe not an Apple.

Yeah, spams a fun thing if you kill it straight away.

;-)

Rob C

Just brilliant. ;D

I must admit freely that I've not read the first post carefully. But then again isn't it wonderful how a few lines of spam can crank up the spin? I love the internet!