Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: danaz on August 03, 2013, 06:44:04 pm

Title: EPSON 4900 discontinued?
Post by: danaz on August 03, 2013, 06:44:04 pm
Wondering if anyone knows if this printer has been killed off?  ???

Have it on 'hold' with 3 different pro-printing retailers for months now and all of them are saying the distributors have ZERO stock and no word from epson when new shipments are due. They have been saying this for months and the message never varies.

Sounds like the 4900 has been taken out back and given both barrels.

Here's hoping the replacement model takes the paper handling of the 4900 mixed with the fuss-free printing of the 3880.
Title: Re: EPSON 4900 discontinued?
Post by: Schewe on August 04, 2013, 12:28:52 am
Backordered due to unexpected demand...
Title: Re: EPSON 4900 discontinued?
Post by: tastar on August 04, 2013, 10:28:39 am
I just checked stock at 3 distributors in the U.S., and the 4900's are in stock at each of them - not a ton of units, but they are available.

Tony
Title: Re: EPSON 4900 discontinued?
Post by: danaz on August 04, 2013, 05:24:11 pm
where are they available to buy?
Title: Re: EPSON 4900 discontinued?
Post by: iCanvas on August 05, 2013, 08:01:52 am
Since the Epson 9900 was announced in May '08, let's hope that there will be a new version of the 9900, 7900 and 4900. Way past due.

Gar
Title: Re: EPSON 4900 discontinued?
Post by: Mike Guilbault on August 05, 2013, 06:26:38 pm
No thanks... I just received my 9900 six months ago and I'm quite pleased with it, as well as my 4900. I'd just as soon not have to drool over any new features that I perceive I may need. I'd rather see some advances in the LR print module than upgrades to hardware that is working just fine. ;)