Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Arlen on August 03, 2013, 12:28:54 am

Title: Ancient Metal Sculptor
Post by: Arlen on August 03, 2013, 12:28:54 am
I'm in the process of bringing some old film captures into the digital realm. I've always been partial to this one, captured at an arts festival in Michigan on Tri-X (push processed in my basement lab) some 40 years ago. Maybe the word "ancient" in the title is an exaggeration, but it probably describes the photographer pretty well.
Title: Re: Ancient Metal Sculptor
Post by: wmchauncey on August 03, 2013, 09:03:21 am
Never having used film other than for some old memories, I can't comment on quality of the image.  Dislike the noise but, aside from that, I like the image.
Title: Re: Ancient Metal Sculptor
Post by: Rob C on August 03, 2013, 05:04:55 pm
I'm in the process of bringing some old film captures into the digital realm. I've always been partial to this one, captured at an arts festival in Michigan on Tri-X (push processed in my basement lab) some 40 years ago. Maybe the word "ancient" in the title is an exaggeration, but it probably describes the photographer pretty well.


Nice shot; love grain in the right places... I wonder how well digital would have handled the flame.

It's worth the hassle; some old shots have that extra thing new stuff doesn't.

Rob C
Title: Re: Ancient Metal Sculptor
Post by: Arlen on August 04, 2013, 10:48:15 am
Thanks for your thoughts, Rob and wmchauncey.