Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on August 01, 2013, 10:28:25 am

Title: On the Rocks Redux
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 01, 2013, 10:28:25 am
Churly suggested that perhaps the darks needed a revisit but as I got into the image via some layer and channel masking, I realized the whole image needed work. Criticism and comments on this would be helpful toward my growth in learning to use luminosity and layer masks. The first image post is on the left.

(http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5443/9416641890_3299f801e8_o.jpg)

Flickr url

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54965930@N07/9416627256/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54965930@N07/9416627256/)
Title: Re: On the Rocks Redux
Post by: Harald L on August 01, 2013, 03:18:45 pm
I would prefer the revised on. More crisp.
Title: Re: On the Rocks Redux
Post by: fike on August 01, 2013, 03:57:10 pm
I like the one on the left better. In this small version, all I see on the right is that you have increased the size of the blocked-up shadows.