Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on July 29, 2013, 12:16:50 pm

Title: A Fiendish Thingy
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 29, 2013, 12:16:50 pm
To quote Paul McCartney in a Hard Day's Night...and while this is not a bomb it is certainly fiendish looking. In actuality, it is just a wind sculpture where each of the round disks on the arms folds into the center in a never ending symphony of the air as it is moved. The points and arms never touch one another.

(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3787/9361261865_29141a78c2_o.jpg)

And, a frontal view which is far less ominous looking.

(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7454/9364023488_ca727d3bb1_o.jpg)
Title: Re: A Fiendish Thingy
Post by: wolfnowl on July 30, 2013, 04:52:55 am
Looks intriguing!  Reminds me of these: http://windsculptures.ca/

Mike.
Title: Re: A Fiendish Thingy
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 30, 2013, 05:40:15 am
This is your windmill.
This is your windmill on drugs.
Title: Re: A Fiendish Thingy
Post by: SunnyUK on July 30, 2013, 07:15:22 am
Having seen the frontal look, the initial picture looks gorgeous. But at first I found it more confusing than pleasing. It's a picture that definitely grows on me.
Title: Re: A Fiendish Thingy
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 30, 2013, 07:30:47 am
Looks intriguing!  Reminds me of these: http://windsculptures.ca/

Mike.

Similar and I saw some like this on the island which is only a stone throw from B.C. - so much so that I had to take care when on the west side that I didn't get charged a roaming fee from a Canadian cell tower.
Title: Re: A Fiendish Thingy
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 02, 2013, 04:01:07 am
Looks intriguing!  Reminds me of these: http://windsculptures.ca/

Yes, me too. I saw a few of those when I stayed at the Desert Lily b&b just outside Joshua Tree. The video of the double spinner really doesn't do justice to the mesmerising effect it has on the observer.

Jeremy