Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on July 16, 2013, 07:08:40 pm

Title: Country Roads - Indiana Farmland
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 16, 2013, 07:08:40 pm
(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/9304537612_e57354df49_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Country Roads - Indiana Farmland
Post by: RSL on July 16, 2013, 09:15:46 pm
Very nice, Chris, but what are you doing so far out of Florida? It's a long drive from there to the nearest Beef 'o' Brady.
Title: Re: Country Roads - Indiana Farmland
Post by: cjogo on July 16, 2013, 09:23:17 pm
(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/9304537612_e57354df49_o.jpg)

Great one CHRIS  --- looks like my old backyard  ...what town in INDY ??   You having a good road trip still ??
Title: Re: Country Roads - Indiana Farmland
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 16, 2013, 10:58:18 pm
Thanks, Joseph/Russ. This was just south and west of Ft. Wayne. The light was just gorgeous. Funny thing...whole I was away from home, I only had about 8 minutes of rain for the whole trip. At home, since July 1, it's rained over 30 inches...geeze, I'm glad I was gone for that. I have a herd of shots from this road, some of which I will post later.
Title: Re: Country Roads - Indiana Farmland
Post by: Harald L on July 17, 2013, 04:58:28 am
I've made tons of road-shots too because I love this subject in general. So your picture, too. It's somewhat unusual because a road firstly suggests wideness which can be represented by a landscape format best but your shot proves that this rule seems to be a prejudice. Thank you for sharing and teaching.

Harald
Title: Re: Country Roads - Indiana Farmland
Post by: graeme on July 17, 2013, 06:33:20 am
Love the marks on the road - very expressive , particularly the interplay between the jagged black line an the dead straight yellow road marking.

Nice

graeme