Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: hjulenissen on July 02, 2013, 01:48:36 pm

Title: Backup needs space on my c-drive even when backing up elsewhere?
Post by: hjulenissen on July 02, 2013, 01:48:36 pm
I have setup my Lightroom to do a periodic backup to my NAS.

Today it refused to do so, claiming that the target drive was full. Naturally, I assumed that this was some NAS issue, although there was plenty of room.

My next step was trying to backup to my C-drive. This resulted in the same error message.

Turns out that my c-drive (flash) had only 3-400MB of room to spare. Got rid of some junk on the c-drive, and now I could backup directly against my NAS.

Bottom line: I am okay with Lightroom using c-drive as a temporary storage for exporting, but the error message should have been clearly telling me that it was this drive (and not my chosen target drive) that was full.

-h
Title: Re: Backup needs space on my c-drive even when backing up elsewhere?
Post by: Box Brownie on July 02, 2013, 02:54:43 pm
I have setup my Lightroom to do a periodic backup to my NAS.

Today it refused to do so, claiming that the target drive was full. Naturally, I assumed that this was some NAS issue, although there was plenty of room.

My next step was trying to backup to my C-drive. This resulted in the same error message.

Turns out that my c-drive (flash) had only 3-400MB of room to spare. Got rid of some junk on the c-drive, and now I could backup directly against my NAS.

Bottom line: I am okay with Lightroom using c-drive as a temporary storage for exporting, but the error message should have been clearly telling me that it was this drive (and not my chosen target drive) that was full.

-h

I wonder though the message does seem a little obscure it was lack of Windows "paging file/swap file" space.  Windows can do some odd things when there is lack of that space :(
Title: Re: Backup needs space on my c-drive even when backing up elsewhere?
Post by: MBehrens on July 03, 2013, 08:58:05 pm
More than likely your OS is on the C: drive. You will see all kinds of problems without enough disk space on C: and 3-400 MB is really low.