Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: AFairley on July 01, 2013, 05:52:50 pm

Title: 633 West Fifth
Post by: AFairley on July 01, 2013, 05:52:50 pm
This one is pretty straightforward....

(http://www.ahfairley.com/gallery/2013/content/images/large/633_West_Fifth.jpg)
Title: Re: 633 West Fifth
Post by: louoates on July 01, 2013, 06:06:36 pm
Technically excellent. My only question is what you will be using it for. I'm always curious as to why photographs are made. I think it helps with whatever comments are sought.
Title: Re: 633 West Fifth
Post by: RSL on July 01, 2013, 06:12:05 pm
Very nice, Alan. I have the same question Lou has.
Title: Re: 633 West Fifth
Post by: AFairley on July 01, 2013, 07:13:18 pm
Thanks for the comments, guys.  These days I photograph solely for my own pleasure, I rotate prints on the walls at home.  I'd love to show some of my stuff publicly, but frankly, I'd rather spend the free time I have poking around and shooting and printing than out hustling.
Title: Re: 633 West Fifth
Post by: amolitor on July 01, 2013, 07:37:17 pm
I hope you print this one big. I think it really really suffers from being "web sized", since so much of the interest is in quite small details.
Title: Re: 633 West Fifth
Post by: PeterAit on July 02, 2013, 12:02:02 pm
Wow, terrific! A wonderful juxtaposition of the geometrical (the building), the natural (the trees) and the human (the - well, duh). I might crop off a wee bit at the bottom so that the red curb is at the very bottom edge.