Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: JerseyT on July 01, 2013, 09:41:07 am

Title: Photos from Australia
Post by: JerseyT on July 01, 2013, 09:41:07 am
Michael recently returned from a fabulous trip to Australia, with (literally) a boat load of medium format photographers with equipment to play with. But all of the posted photos are from his Fuji X-Pro 1. What gives?
Title: Re: Photos from Australia
Post by: PeterAit on July 01, 2013, 11:34:40 am
Sheesh, who cares?
Title: Re: Photos from Australia
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 01, 2013, 11:51:44 am
Michael recently returned from a fabulous trip to Australia, with (literally) a boat load of medium format photographers with equipment to play with. But all of the posted photos are from his Fuji X-Pro 1. What gives?

That medium format is dead? ;D
Title: Re: Photos from Australia
Post by: michael on July 01, 2013, 12:21:16 pm
Medium format is alive and well, thank you.

I brought my Alpa and IQ180 back on this trip. I also had access to a Phase camera and every lens that they make. It just happens that of the 3500 frames shot the ones that I've published so far are done with the X-Pro 1.

That camera leant itself to helicopter shooting better than the Alpa, and also to confined spaces such as when shooting rock art.

Michael
Title: Re: Photos from Australia
Post by: ErikKaffehr on July 01, 2013, 12:57:55 pm
Hi,

I guess that means that the X-Pro 1 is good enough.

Best regards
Erik

Michael recently returned from a fabulous trip to Australia, with (literally) a boat load of medium format photographers with equipment to play with. But all of the posted photos are from his Fuji X-Pro 1. What gives?
Title: Re: Photos from Australia
Post by: Isaac on July 01, 2013, 02:11:47 pm
It just happens that of the 3500 frames shot...

How do you find time to work through 3500 frames :-)

Do you already have a fairly fixed idea of which sequences you want to work, or do you expect to stumble across images that have something unexpected to them?
Title: Re: Photos from Australia
Post by: michael on July 01, 2013, 04:17:13 pm
Since I'm not on an editorial deadline, and it is simply for my own pleasure (and maybe a future book or exhibit), I just take my time.

Many shots are part of sequences (maybe a third of the total), so it's often just a matter of finding the shot with the best expression, exposure, sharpness etc, out of a series. Other than that I sit back with a coffee or glass of wine and work though them, organizing labeling, and ranking and when something jumps off the screen, working on it and making a print.

This is as much fun as the shooting sometimes.

Michael
Title: Re: Photos from Australia
Post by: stamper on July 02, 2013, 03:53:24 am
I understand :-)

But Slobodan didn't. ;) ;D
Title: Re: Photos from Australia
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 02, 2013, 11:13:08 am
But Slobodan didn't. ;) ;D

You know, Stamper, I was actually quite shocked!

Shocked that Isaac finally understood something without further questioning! ;D
Title: Re: Photos from Australia
Post by: stamper on July 02, 2013, 11:19:45 am
Plenty time for more questions.....now that you have riled him? ;)
Title: Re: Photos from Australia
Post by: petermfiore on July 02, 2013, 12:30:33 pm

This is as much fun as the shooting sometimes.

Michael