Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on June 30, 2013, 02:50:01 am

Title: Too Busy ?
Post by: cjogo on June 30, 2013, 02:50:01 am
St Emilllion  ///  150mm Hassy ...
Title: Re: Too Busy ?
Post by: Harald L on June 30, 2013, 02:25:45 pm
As you perhaps already noticed I love busy scenes. This too.

Harald
Title: Re: Too Busy ?
Post by: cjogo on June 30, 2013, 02:39:02 pm
This was so reminiscent to Brett Westons' work in the 60/70's of Europe ...just caught my eye.
Title: Re: Too Busy ?
Post by: kaelaria on June 30, 2013, 07:51:58 pm
I dig it!
Title: Re: Too Busy ?
Post by: cjogo on June 30, 2013, 08:28:44 pm
I dig it!


thanks  ... hope to find a few more in my archives ..
Title: Re: Too Busy ?
Post by: Ken Bennett on June 30, 2013, 08:31:18 pm
My first thought was Walker Evans, maybe some of his Pittsburgh photos. I like it.
Title: Re: Too Busy ?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 30, 2013, 09:12:51 pm
I tried a few croppings to simplify it or to see what might reasonably be left out. My conclusion: Nothing! It's fine just as it is, and any simplification just weakens the image.

Eric M.

Title: Re: Too Busy ?
Post by: cjogo on July 01, 2013, 01:26:04 am
I tried a few croppings to simplify it or to see what might reasonably be left out. My conclusion: Nothing! It's fine just as it is, and any simplification just weakens the image.

Eric M.



I tried splitting the image almost in half .. but everything seems to still work in the full shot ..

thanks
Title: Re: Too Busy ?
Post by: francois on July 01, 2013, 06:30:14 am
Leave it as it is! It's a nice shot of a busy scene. I love it.
Title: Re: Too Busy ?
Post by: David Eckels on July 01, 2013, 07:42:47 pm
Leave it as it is! It's a nice shot of a busy scene. I love it.
Agree. "It's got rhythm, it's got magic" to quote a tune!
Title: Re: Too Busy ?
Post by: cjogo on July 01, 2013, 09:05:09 pm
Thanks et al --- Just seemed to have the right horizontals /verticals