Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Riaan van Wyk on June 27, 2013, 02:38:21 pm

Title: 17/6/2013
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on June 27, 2013, 02:38:21 pm
Thoughts please?
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: nemo295 on June 27, 2013, 05:02:30 pm
It's interesting, but I haven't quite decided if I like it. For a split second I thought it was a painting.

I do like the colors and the light. It's very impressionistic.

What is going on in this scene?
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: Tony Jay on June 27, 2013, 06:43:54 pm
There is certainly a dynamism to this image however I am undecided about the blurring of the central characters.
The light and the setting are fantastic.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: RSL on June 27, 2013, 06:52:19 pm
I like it Riaan. The light's wonderful, the colors are wonderful, and the motion of the people is very good. Just enough blurring to get the point across. Looks like a baptism ceremony.
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 27, 2013, 07:09:54 pm
I like it Riaan. The light's wonderful, the colors are wonderful, and the motion of the people is very good. Just enough blurring to get the point across. Looks like a baptism ceremony.
+1.

That's the way I read it. Splendid!

Eric M.
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 27, 2013, 10:24:26 pm
Very nice indeed!

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: Peter McLennan on June 27, 2013, 11:52:10 pm
I love it.  Looks biblical.  (Although I'm not entirely sure why or if that's a good thing.)

Lovely palette, great motion, posing.

Like all really good photographs, it asks questions.
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: francois on June 28, 2013, 03:46:54 am
I like it. Everything in this image is well done, the controlled blur, the side lighting, colors and framing.
Bravo.
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: Rob C on June 28, 2013, 03:49:05 am
Lovely image, Riaan, the movement adds so much to it, and the colours just merge magically.

Rob C
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: amolitor on June 28, 2013, 09:19:59 am
This is just about the best use of motion blur I have ever seen. It conveys the forward thrust of motion, it adds a gorgeous painterly feel, and it takes nothing whatsoever away.

Really well done.
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: William Walker on June 29, 2013, 01:41:41 pm
There is certainly a dynamism to this image however I am undecided about the blurring of the central characters.
The light and the setting are fantastic.

Tony Jay

I agree with Tony, Riaan. This is - to me - the most interesting of your last number of posts (and I think it is probably due to the light and the colours).

William
Title: Re: 17/6/2013
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on June 30, 2013, 02:26:11 pm
Much obliged for the comments- it is appreciated.

Russ you are right, it is from a baptism ceremony.