Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on June 27, 2013, 01:22:09 pm

Title: Le Grand Arche
Post by: cjogo on June 27, 2013, 01:22:09 pm
A little reflection @ La Defense
Title: Re: Le Grand Arche
Post by: nemo295 on June 27, 2013, 05:04:58 pm
I like how it gives you the impression of depth while simultaneously being a surface reflection.
Title: Re: Le Grand Arche
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 27, 2013, 07:07:55 pm
Neat!
Title: Re: Le Grand Arche
Post by: wolfnowl on June 27, 2013, 11:37:47 pm
I like how it gives you the impression of depth while simultaneously being a surface reflection.

Yes.
Title: Re: Le Grand Arche
Post by: cjogo on June 28, 2013, 02:33:28 am
Merci ....I used a 150mm on a Hassy .... tried to find the right spot on the reflection > to show the depth of the Arch without a extra wide angle ...  Glad you caught the vision ~!
Title: Re: Le Grand Arche
Post by: Harald L on June 28, 2013, 03:03:43 am
It's always a difficult challenge to capture the beauty of modern architecture - in particular if the building is well known. For me you've mastered it well. There's one thought (not a critique at all): The vertical lines of the reflecting wall of windows are not totally perpendicular. I used to correct this by photoshop but then I've learned that this can easily be overdone. Now I believe that slightly falling lines are adding some reality and tension.

Harald
Title: Re: Le Grand Arche
Post by: cjogo on June 28, 2013, 03:23:38 am
I think the lines are pretty straight vertically ... on the buildings' frame.

 Worked  a view cameras for years .. so I familiar with tilt/swings.  But no way to get the angle flat-planned and retain the Arch as you see it.
  Really liked the waverly lines of the Arch ~ in the reflection ...
Title: Re: Le Grand Arche
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 28, 2013, 04:07:26 am
Really liked the waverly lines of the Arch ~ in the reflection ...

Yes.

Jeremy