Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: mdg on June 24, 2013, 05:04:30 am

Title: Glimpse
Post by: mdg on June 24, 2013, 05:04:30 am
Again...would appreciate your thoughts
Title: Re: Glimpse
Post by: amolitor on June 24, 2013, 06:54:58 am
I like everything about this. It's highly stylized, but I think all the styling serves the central idea very well, and it's a very very strong picture. Well done!
Title: Re: Glimpse
Post by: David Eckels on June 24, 2013, 08:41:06 am
I have to say way over done, in my view.
Title: Re: Glimpse
Post by: Harald L on June 24, 2013, 09:49:01 am
IMHO the moving grass ruins the atmosphere because it doesn't correspondent with the majesty of the mountain (which I really like!)

Harald
Title: Re: Glimpse
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 24, 2013, 10:02:27 am
Mountain, cloud are magnificent. What bothers me is the moving grass and too strong vignetting. The grass blurriness is either too much or not enough.
Title: Re: Glimpse
Post by: francois on June 24, 2013, 10:43:18 am
IMHO the moving grass ruins the atmosphere…

My thought exactly, you couldn't have said it better.
Title: Re: Glimpse
Post by: mdg on June 25, 2013, 12:33:00 am
Thank for sharing your thoughts.  Much appreciated (bow)
Title: Re: Glimpse
Post by: wolfnowl on June 25, 2013, 02:05:10 am
Mountain, cloud are magnificent. What bothers me is the moving grass and too strong vignetting. The grass blurriness is either too much or not enough.

Yup. That about sums it up.

Mike.
Title: Re: Glimpse
Post by: stamper on June 25, 2013, 04:05:05 am
Personally I think the white cloud and the movement of the grass complement each other nicely. There are plenty of similar images without the movement to be seen so this is a pleasant change. However I think it is a type of image that could be seen as overdone if you persisted in doing all of your images in the same fashion, just like some like to HDR every image the take.
Title: Re: Glimpse
Post by: nemo295 on June 25, 2013, 10:53:45 am
Overall I like the photograph. I rather like the moving grass. I think it adds an interesting and original touch in an otherwise static scene. But I agree with Slobodan that the vignetting is a little too much of a good thing. It would be instructive to see what the same shot looks like with less of it.