Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: jjj on June 21, 2013, 09:19:25 am

Title: JPEG Compression of Shakespeare
Post by: jjj on June 21, 2013, 09:19:25 am
This (http://www.tomscott.com/romeo/) is an unusual way of showing how lossy compression can affect file content.
Title: Re: JPEG Compression of Shakespeare
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 22, 2013, 08:07:13 pm
I find that demo quite jnseretyimg, oops! I mean, Interesting!

Eric M.
Title: Re: JPEG Compression of Shakespeare
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 23, 2013, 03:18:46 am
It's quite droll. It demonstrates well that if you use the wrong tool for a job, you'll get bad results, which doesn't really come as a huge surprise.

Jeremy
Title: Re: JPEG Compression of Shakespeare
Post by: nemo295 on June 24, 2013, 05:45:39 pm
I think it's most interesting in showing how easy it is to confuse OCR software. I suspect the human eye would do much better.