Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Jeff Magidson on June 20, 2013, 01:23:17 pm

Title: Force Lightroom to render image - not Photoshop
Post by: Jeff Magidson on June 20, 2013, 01:23:17 pm
When handing off an image from LR to edit in PS, is there a way to force LR to render the image as opposed to Camera Raw in PS doing it? I know I can reset my Warning Dialogs, but I don't want to reset all of them.

~ Jeff

Title: Re: Force Lightroom to render image - not Photoshop
Post by: jrsforums on June 20, 2013, 01:43:28 pm
When handing off an image from LR to edit in PS, is there a way to force LR to render the image as opposed to Camera Raw in PS doing it? I know I can reset my Warning Dialogs, but I don't want to reset all of them.

~ Jeff



Not sure why you want to do it.  If LR & ACR are the same, it does not matter.  If they are different versions, LR will ask you.
Title: Re: Force Lightroom to render image - not Photoshop
Post by: Schewe on June 20, 2013, 01:43:55 pm
If you have dismissed the warning dlog giving you the option to have LR render the image, no...the only other option is to export and then open in Photoshop.
Title: Re: Force Lightroom to render image - not Photoshop
Post by: Jeff Magidson on June 20, 2013, 02:13:25 pm
If you have dismissed the warning dlog giving you the option to have LR render the image, no...the only other option is to export and then open in Photoshop.

Ok.. I have reset my warning dialogs. I'm using LR 4 (camera raw 7.1) and PS CS 5 with Camera Raw 6.7.0.339
When I go to edit a raw file in PS, I still don't get a warning, It just hands the file off to PS and renders in PS.

~ Jeff

Title: Re: Force Lightroom to render image - not Photoshop
Post by: crabby on June 20, 2013, 04:12:09 pm
In your preferences, under file handling do you have the compatibility set to anything other then Camera Raw 7.1 or later? If you are converting to DNG.
Title: Re: Force Lightroom to render image - not Photoshop
Post by: Jeff Magidson on June 20, 2013, 04:20:04 pm
In your preferences, under file handling do you have the compatibility set to anything other then Camera Raw 7.1 or later? If you are converting to DNG.

I do have it set to 7.1 but that is not a factor since I am not converting to DNG. These are .CR2 raw files from my Canon 5DMKII
Title: Re: Force Lightroom to render image - not Photoshop
Post by: hugowolf on June 21, 2013, 12:17:24 am
I do have it set to 7.1 but that is not a factor since I am not converting to DNG. These are .CR2 raw files from my Canon 5DMKII
Exactly what version of Lr are you using and on which operating system? There was an earlier version of that had this problem running under Windows, but I haven't heard of it being a problem with 4.4.

Brian A
Title: Re: Force Lightroom to render image - not Photoshop
Post by: wolfnowl on June 21, 2013, 01:50:01 am
This post is a little old, but you might want to ask Julieanne Kost by posting a comment:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2013/05/opening-files-from-lightroom-5-beta-into-photoshop-cs6.html

Mike.
Title: Re: Force Lightroom to render image - not Photoshop
Post by: Jeff Magidson on June 21, 2013, 04:50:35 pm
Success! I updated from Lr 4.1 to 4.4 and NOW I'm getting the process dialog when I go to edit a raw file in PS. Thanks for all your suggestions.