Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: PeterAit on June 14, 2013, 05:08:29 pm

Title: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: PeterAit on June 14, 2013, 05:08:29 pm
Perhaps this can partially counteract the "economies" thread. Please, let's hope the know-it-alls don't hijack this thread.

In the European heaven, all the policemen are English, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian, and everything is run by the Swiss.

In the European hell, all the policemen are German, the cooks are English, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and everything is run by the Italians.

Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Rob C on June 14, 2013, 05:48:16 pm
Perhaps this can partially counteract the "economies" thread. Please, let's hope the know-it-alls don't hijack this thread.

In the European heaven, all the policemen are English, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian, and everything is run by the Swiss.

In the European hell, all the policemen are German, the cooks are English, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and everything is run by the Italians.


Peter, have you never heard of the Mafia?

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Harald L on June 14, 2013, 06:06:02 pm

Peter, have you never heard of the Mafia?

;-)

Rob C

Mafia is 80's. Nowadays we have the banksters. So we should over-think our european heaven...

Harald
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 14, 2013, 07:30:20 pm
In the European reality, all those jobs are taken over by immigrants, run by a few Old Europeans, while the rest is vacationing in Greece and the South of Europe. That is, when they are not complaining or striking.
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Harald L on June 14, 2013, 07:41:23 pm
In the European reality, all those jobs are taken over by immigrants, run by a few Old Europeans, while the rest is vacationing in Greece and the South of Europe. That is, when they are not complaining or striking.

I must do something wrong (or am I already an immigrant) :(
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Rob C on June 15, 2013, 04:07:58 am
Mafia is 80's. Nowadays we have the banksters. So we should over-think our european heaven...

Harald


The innocence of youth!

All that's changed is that the Russian Families are now flexing more muscle in southern Europe. And they don't even close your eyes.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: stamper on June 15, 2013, 04:19:00 am
Quote the original poster

Perhaps this can partially counteract the "economies" thread. Please, let's hope the know-it-alls don't hijack this thread.

Unquote

Rob, Slobodan did you miss this? Oops what am I doing here? ;) ;D
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Harald L on June 15, 2013, 04:33:20 am

The innocence of youth!

All that's changed is that the Russian Families are now flexing more muscle in southern Europe. And they don't even close your eyes.

;-)

Rob C

Ok, so let's expand our picture:

In the European heaven, all the policemen are English, the gangsters are Greek, the ballet-dancers are Russian, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian, and everything is run by the Swiss.

In the European hell, all the policemen are German, the cooks are English, the gangsters are Russian, the ballet-dancers are Greek, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and everything is run by the Italians.

I don't know why but the imagination of greek gangsters or ballet-dancers makes me smirk.
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: 32BT on June 15, 2013, 10:33:33 am
I don't know why but the imagination of greek gangsters or ballet-dancers makes me smirk.

Germans and humor, which category would that be? ;-)
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Harald L on June 15, 2013, 11:28:01 am
Germans and humor, which category would that be? ;-)

I am greatly feared by my friends and enemies for my black and fart-dry humor. Better to loose a good friend than a good joke.

Harald
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 15, 2013, 11:38:20 am
... Rob, Slobodan did you miss this? ...

Well, i had to give it a try.

Stamper, I was hoping that you, of all people, will appreciate that only through my numerous failed attempts I might be successful one day...like socialism?  ;) ;D
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: PeterAit on June 15, 2013, 04:43:47 pm
Germans and humor, which category would that be? ;-)

[humor]
I have heard it said that, to a German, humor is no laughing matter.
[/humor]
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Rob C on June 15, 2013, 04:53:46 pm
Ok, so let's expand our picture:

In the European heaven, all the policemen are English, the gangsters are Greek, the ballet-dancers are Russian, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian, and everything is run by the Swiss.

In the European hell, all the policemen are German, the cooks are English, the gangsters are Russian, the ballet-dancers are Greek, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and everything is run by the Italians.

I don't know why but the imagination of greek gangsters or ballet-dancers makes me smirk.


Well, the gangsters will all be safely out in their megayachts entertaining opera singers so we can foget them, but the poor old ballet dancers will suddenly realise they are wearing the shoes for the other style of dancing.

Tragic state of affairs.

Rob C
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Harald L on June 15, 2013, 07:02:01 pm
[humor]
I have heard it said that, to a German, humor is no laughing matter.
[/humor]

You don't have to quote that saying because it's true for some regions where they celebrate carnival. I'm from northern Germany and I only work in that epicenter of mirth. Every year at carnival season I'm vanishing, it's definitely not my cop of tea. If I have a sudden desire to laugh I will go into the cellar...

Harald
Title: Re: A wee bit of humor.
Post by: Rob C on June 16, 2013, 04:37:11 am
You don't have to quote that saying because it's true for some regions where they celebrate carnival. I'm from northern Germany and I only work in that epicenter of mirth. Every year at carnival season I'm vanishing, it's definitely not my cop of tea. If I have a sudden desire to laugh I will go into the cellar...Harald



Harald, you were born to be a photographer.

There comes a time in the life of every photographer when he is irresitibly drawn to taking his Elvis Presley cat down into that darkened celler, set up his tripod and... the rest is hi-ISO history.

Rob C