Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on June 14, 2013, 02:34:16 pm

Title: Tylecodon paniculatus
Post by: Harald L on June 14, 2013, 02:34:16 pm
A friend of mine is living in South Africa and loves the flora of the cape region. Once he asked me for a framed picture for his office and now I will have the opportunity to see him next month. What do you think, am I going to loose a friend? C&C really welcomed. (Better you blame me than he...)

Harald
Title: Re: Tylecodon paniculatus
Post by: David Eckels on June 14, 2013, 03:49:45 pm
Honestly, Harald, I've seen you do better, IMHO. The composition does not work for me, but it's an interesting idea that, to me, would have warranted "working it" a lot more from different perspectives, focal lengths, exposures , etc, perhaps. Let's see what the others have to say. I will submit, presumptuously, that maybe you felt similarly? Forgive me.
Title: Re: Tylecodon paniculatus
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 14, 2013, 04:10:32 pm
If the place means something to him, then by all means. Otherwise, it is more of a tourist-brochure shot. A good one, at that, but still.
Title: Re: Tylecodon paniculatus
Post by: Harald L on June 14, 2013, 05:37:22 pm
David and Slobodan,

thank you very much for your civilized opinion. I'm going to look for another one. Funny, I was undecided too because I actually know that this is a postcard. But when we flipped through the rolls in Cape Town he liked this one very much. Perhaps to much bottles of Goatfather...

Harald