Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on June 12, 2013, 11:48:24 am

Title: Lunch in Victor, Colorado
Post by: RSL on June 12, 2013, 11:48:24 am
.
Title: Re: Lunch in Victor, Colorado
Post by: Bryan Conner on June 12, 2013, 11:51:30 am
Looks like the service is a bit slow. :D
Title: Re: Lunch in Victor, Colorado
Post by: Chris Calohan on June 12, 2013, 12:23:19 pm
Isn't this where Al Weber had the Rocky Mountain School of Photography?
Title: Re: Lunch in Victor, Colorado
Post by: amolitor on June 12, 2013, 12:28:14 pm
I kinda of dig it as an abstract of western USA kitsch and culture. There are literal layers here, which is kind of nice. I am well familiar with the sensation of 'every vehicle I see is a truck..'

As a picture it's kind of chaotic and busy, each of the overlapping layers has quite a lot of stuff in it. The layers play together as ideas better than they do as compositions.
Title: Re: Lunch in Victor, Colorado
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 12, 2013, 12:49:01 pm
The layers play together as ideas better than they do as compositions.

I agree. But the result is splendid. Makes you think a little, which is good.

Eric M.
Title: Re: Lunch in Victor, Colorado
Post by: Bruce Cox on June 12, 2013, 01:45:40 pm
I kinda of dig it as an abstract of western USA kitsch and culture. There are literal layers here, which is kind of nice. I am well familiar with the sensation of 'every vehicle I see is a truck..'

As a picture it's kind of chaotic and busy, each of the overlapping layers has quite a lot of stuff in it. The layers play together as ideas better than they do as compositions.


It's culture when the dead steer has the hat on sideways and kitsch when it's on straight.  If it had been a blue 4 X 4 parked across the street instead of a white one it would have been composition, and still
could be.  
Title: Re: Lunch in Victor, Colorado
Post by: RSL on June 12, 2013, 02:09:27 pm
Isn't this where Al Weber had the Rocky Mountain School of Photography?


That's the place, Chris. I don't know what its status is now. I know he planned to reopen it in 2004. Next time I go up I'll have to check.
Title: Re: Lunch in Victor, Colorado
Post by: Rob C on June 12, 2013, 02:26:08 pm
It's culture when the dead steer has the hat on sideways and kitsch when it's on straight.  If it had been a blue 4 X 4 parked across the street instead of a white one it would have been composition, and still
could be.  


Those guys at the table didn't read Playboy:

"When you're out of Schlitz you're out of beer!"

But they sure are patient.

Rob C
Title: Re: Lunch in Victor, Colorado
Post by: Harald L on June 12, 2013, 04:54:35 pm
A little bit to dry ... the wine ... what do you think?
Title: Re: Lunch in Victor, Colorado
Post by: wolfnowl on June 12, 2013, 05:03:29 pm
I agree. But the result is splendid. Makes you think a little, which is good.

Eric M.


Yes.