Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 11, 2013, 03:08:12 pm

Title: Rotting sea defences
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 11, 2013, 03:08:12 pm
Very abstract I know and for my good wife Ann (by far my most serious critic BTW), her review of this image was a casually disinterested look at the monitor, followed by the 'shrugged shoulders of not really my type of image' review, if you know what I mean.

Any thoughts from fellow photographers??

Dave
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: Harald L on June 11, 2013, 03:26:58 pm
I like a much it because it is well captured and ignites your curiosity.

Harald
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: Rob C on June 11, 2013, 03:50:59 pm
Very abstract I know and for my good wife Ann (by far my most serious critic BTW), her review of this image was a casually disinterested look at the monitor, followed by the 'shrugged shoulders of not really my type of image' review, if you know what I mean.

Any thoughts from fellow photographers??

Dave


Love this type of image, and you have really made a damned good example of it. I find those types of pictures to be far more interesting than 'views' of anything in general. I'm drawn to the genre very much too, and my problem is finding things that really lend themselves to it; on the face of it it should be simple, but it sure ain't. Finding something with natural design, or at least, that can be framed by the photographer to make a design, isn't as easily done as some might think - at east, not for me.

Well done, Dave.

Rob C
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: Tony Jay on June 11, 2013, 04:28:12 pm
I think you may have found a new string to your bow!
Congratulations.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: 32BT on June 11, 2013, 05:35:16 pm
... if you know what I mean.

Fortunately I do not know what you mean, because this image is too good to shrug shoulders at.

Like!
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: nemo295 on June 11, 2013, 06:33:35 pm
That's two abstract photographs you've posted in the last 24 hours, and I like both of them.

No one is more surprised by that than me. Keep it up.
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 11, 2013, 07:03:03 pm
Excellent, Dave!

I actually see three images there. One posted and two possible square compositions (top and bottom).
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 12, 2013, 12:18:33 am
Neat!
It goes well with some of Rob's recent shots. And that's a big compliment.
Bravo!

Eric M.
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: wolfnowl on June 12, 2013, 05:45:44 pm
I think it makes a fine abstract!

Mike.
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: seamus finn on June 12, 2013, 09:37:06 pm
I've come late to this image but it's a beauty - and crucially, to well seen. Outstanding.
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on June 13, 2013, 12:36:02 pm
I've come late to this image but it's a beauty - and crucially, to well seen. Outstanding.

Same here Dave.
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: RSL on June 13, 2013, 01:13:33 pm
+1
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 14, 2013, 07:50:12 pm
Wow - thanks guys  :o

I shall have to stop listening to the missus and tell her that I am allowed to do that now, because you've all told me that you think she was wrong...!!

- don't worry I would never do that (I daren't do that).  :-X

But again thank you, you have all just made my day  ;D

Dave
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 14, 2013, 10:13:10 pm
Nice textures Dave, the composition works for me too!  :)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: Michael West on June 14, 2013, 10:41:43 pm
Very abstract I know and for my good wife Ann (by far my most serious critic BTW), her review of this image was a casually disinterested look at the monitor, followed by the 'shrugged shoulders of not really my type of image' review, if you know what I mean.

Any thoughts from fellow photographers??

Dave

I like it

perhaps she was reviewing the image in terms of interior decorating?
Title: Re: Rotting sea defences
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 15, 2013, 10:01:00 am
Excellent, Dave.