Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: sierraman on June 10, 2013, 10:06:26 pm

Title: Cart and flowers
Post by: sierraman on June 10, 2013, 10:06:26 pm
Too much going on here?
Title: Re: Cart and flowers
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 11, 2013, 11:06:58 am
A lot of what's going on is repeats and echoes, so it's not too busy from that point of view. OTOH the top of the wall seems like a distracting element to me.
Title: Re: Cart and flowers
Post by: francois on June 11, 2013, 11:17:16 am
The image has plenty of details, everywhere. Initially, I would have been tempted to crop out the top (or reframe in camera) but my eyes stay on the flowers & wheel and ignore the top. So, while the image is busy, the subject capture the attention pretty well, I would leave it as it is.
Title: Re: Cart and flowers
Post by: Rob C on June 11, 2013, 12:34:16 pm
For me, the interesting feature is the archway/wall at the back; it's what I would have shot around, not the wheel and flowers, which is a subject with too much visual confusion to ever have justice done it. Some things are impossible to shoot well.

IMO, of course.

Rob C
Title: Re: Cart and flowers
Post by: sierraman on June 11, 2013, 01:30:25 pm
Thanks guys for looking. I had to go vertical with the image as there were people both sides of the cart. Next time I will focus on a less busy subject.  :)