Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on June 04, 2013, 07:17:12 pm

Title: Stairs
Post by: Harald L on June 04, 2013, 07:17:12 pm
Go ahead darling, I'll just get my chain-saw.

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8270/8884163100_084c1c9091_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Stairs
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 05, 2013, 03:43:08 am
It's an interesting shot. I know that the slats on the right are parallel to the edge, but I get a very disconcerting impression that the stairs are quite strongly tilted towards the upper right (ie that the photo needs to be rotated anti-clockwise). Maybe that's just the way it was.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Stairs
Post by: RSL on June 05, 2013, 10:59:19 am
I see what Jeremy sees, but I also see that the verticals are, in fact, vertical. I do like the picture. Wabi sabi is one of my favorite genres.
Title: Re: Stairs
Post by: Harald L on June 05, 2013, 12:13:59 pm
What do you think...

(http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5458/8959706445_e918dee162_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Stairs
Post by: francois on June 06, 2013, 04:05:34 am
What do you think...

…

I think that it is better but I still get a bit of the same feeling described by Russ and Jeremy. Other than that, I like this image very much.
Title: Re: Stairs
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 06, 2013, 04:31:21 am
Nice image, the second version is much closer, verticals on the left were clearly not vertical in the initial version.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Stairs
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 07, 2013, 03:56:57 am
Nice image, the second version is much closer, verticals on the left were clearly not vertical in the initial version.

Cheers,
Bernard


Agreed.

Jeremy