Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: wolfnowl on June 04, 2013, 01:12:41 am

Title: Renan Ozturk Film Reel
Post by: wolfnowl on June 04, 2013, 01:12:41 am
Wow.

http://vimeo.com/59626663

Mike.
Title: Re: Renan Ozturk Film Reel
Post by: bill t. on June 04, 2013, 11:44:41 am
Well I have to say that's a impressive assemblage of imagery and a testament to the power of editing.

But as usual with such stuff I am conflicted between just loving it for its astonishing technical and visual pizazz, versus wondering if it actually adds up to anything.  Poetry yes, information maybe.

Interesting to note how much of the same footage looks when cut into a more programmatic piece at intothemindmovie.com (http://www.intothemindmovie.com/ )).

But to be clear, there's no way I could have pulled off those shots, and the guy is capable of amazing work.
Title: Re: Renan Ozturk Film Reel
Post by: wolfnowl on June 04, 2013, 03:14:07 pm
Well, as a photographer/director film reel, it's essentially a video resumé of his work, of the potential he brings to a client.  And as such I think it's pretty impressive.  As a 'movie', then it doesn't stand up so well.

Mike.