Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on June 02, 2013, 04:43:21 pm

Title: Dummy
Post by: RSL on June 02, 2013, 04:43:21 pm
.
Title: Re: Dummy
Post by: WalterEG on June 02, 2013, 06:22:47 pm
Russ,

As a perennial wearer of the basque Beret I identify strongly with this and I find great reward in the resonating presence of the hat on the stand in the background.  Strikes a chord with me.

Title: Re: Dummy
Post by: RSL on June 02, 2013, 09:39:10 pm
Hi Walter. It struck a chord with me too, and I can't explain why; possibly the interesting relationship between complementary and analogous colors. The window was in a small shop in an out-of-the-way mall in what we call Old Colorado City, the place where the territorial capital was back in the 19th century, long before Colorado became a state, and that now is part of Colorado Springs. Went walking there this morning, before anyone else was out and about. I think whoever put the window together was quite talented and I wish her success. Unfortunately none of the shops in the little mall seem to survive for more than a year.
Title: Re: Dummy
Post by: Rob C on June 03, 2013, 03:43:05 am
.


OMG she's beautiful!

Now I truly understand Pigmalion.

;-(

Rob C