Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MoreOrLess on June 02, 2013, 02:19:42 am

Title: Not another BW tree roots shot...
Post by: MoreOrLess on June 02, 2013, 02:19:42 am
I'm guessing not too original a subject but I'v put a fair bit of work into this shot of a tree I walk past most days, two 16-35mm taken D800 frames stitched to get the view I wanted close enough to the tree to emphasize the roots. I tried to keep the contrast down on the grass/sky in post processing to again focus on the tree/roots.

(http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8145/dsc7453stitchsmall.jpg)
Title: Re: Not another BW tree roots shot...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 02, 2013, 09:54:58 am
That's a tree with real character. I like it. But I'm a fan of roots and the feet of trees.
I'd be interested to see the same scene on a slightly overcast day. It could show more detail in the shadows, but perhaps it would be too soft to work as well as this one. It would definitely be a different picture.

Eric M.

Title: Re: Not another BW tree roots shot...
Post by: RSL on June 02, 2013, 10:07:20 am
Well, it's another one, but it's a good one.
Title: Re: Not another BW tree roots shot...
Post by: Chairman Bill on June 02, 2013, 10:17:41 am
I like it, but then again I'm also a fan of trees, tree roots, and B&W. I posted one in the Trees thread, though nobody seemed to notice  ;)