Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Kirk Gittings on May 30, 2013, 11:44:56 pm
-
This is on a Windows 7 Machine. I run two monitors, one calibrated for working on images the other uncalibrated for tools etc. I just replaced the main image monitor and now when I go to impromptu slide show it moves the images showing to the uncalibrated secondary monitor.
Any thoughts?
-
If you have it set for extended Desktop (one Desktop stretching across both monitors) can't you just drag it across?
-
No when I try that it kills the slide show.
-
One possible answer. You have somehow reversed the order of the monitors. In - control panel - display - change display settings - look at the identity of the displays.
-
Here's another possibility.
I use two monitors, but generally only use the main monitor for LightRoom. I have shortcuts to my frequently used programs, including LR, on the second monitor. In the past, when I double-clicked the shortcut on the second monitor, LR would open on my main monitor, as I preferred. But somehow, with the upgrade to LR 4.4, it started opening on the second monitor instead.
My solution was to make a copy of the shortcut on my main monitor and now I open LR from there, and I get what I want.
Since this behavior only occurs with LR 4.4, it does seem as if LR is now using the shortcut location instead of the control panel settings to decide where to open.
Weird and annoying! I hope one of these ideas helps.
Eric M.
-
One possible answer. You have somehow reversed the order of the monitors. In - control panel - display - change display settings - look at the identity of the displays.
Well the order of my monitors got reversed some time ago before this main monitor upgrade. I don't know how or when. So my main monitor is #2 but is still set as the default. I can't seem to change its number but does that matter as long as it is the default?
-
So I shut off the computer switched ports for the monitors-no change in terms of slide show and the main image monitor remains Number 2.
Then I unplugged the "tool" monitor and rebooted. Of course the image monitor is now #1 and the slide show works fine. When I plug the tool monitor back in it returns to the same as before.