Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on May 30, 2013, 06:45:54 am

Title: midnight blues
Post by: MattNQ on May 30, 2013, 06:45:54 am
From a while back - dragged my guitar & amp out.
had a play with some ideas in my head & the ambient lighting in the living room.

Planning on revisiting this idea soon, perhaps with a little more thought to the compositions, so any suggestions & critique welcome

(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Other/Mashup/i-NjG43gZ/0/XL/DSC_5830mod2-XL.jpg)

(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Other/Mashup/i-FBW99kQ/0/XL/DSC_5846mod1-XL.jpg)

(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Other/Mashup/i-TLvTCQd/0/XL/DSC_5882mod2-XL.jpg)
Title: Re: midnight blues
Post by: Rob C on May 30, 2013, 11:51:14 am
Like the rich colours most.

Rob C
Title: Re: midnight blues
Post by: MattNQ on May 30, 2013, 09:01:52 pm
Thanks Rob,

I was happy with the colour - the lights really brought it out well.
They normally annoy me for general use - been meaning to change them out to whiter ones, but might keep these bulbs for such occasions

I know there are better compositons waiting to be had with this subject, so this will be an ongoing project I think.

For comparison -  colour version of the monos
(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Other/Mashup/i-GBD3GJv/0/L/DSC_5830mod1-L.jpg)

(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Other/Mashup/i-QDtftd9/0/L/DSC_5882mod1-L.jpg)

a different shot again - although I think the shots with the 'R' tailpiece as the main point of focus work better perhaps
(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Other/Mashup/i-NRv8dKg/0/L/DSC_5847mod1-L.jpg)