Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rob C on May 30, 2013, 05:46:08 am

Title: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Rob C on May 30, 2013, 05:46:08 am
No breakfast news worth watching, so might as well take another (s)nap.

Rob  C
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: 32BT on May 30, 2013, 06:20:58 am
Still life with teapot…

Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Rob C on May 30, 2013, 06:34:56 am
Still life with teapot…




Or old-fashioned model? That's what we used to call the ones with three fixed poses...

Or a camel?

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: MattNQ on May 30, 2013, 07:28:41 am
my first thought involved the salad un-dressing......I really should get out more!
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Rob C on May 30, 2013, 11:35:30 am
my first thought involved the salad un-dressing......I really should get out more!

If you can get that at home - why go out?

Rob C
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 30, 2013, 12:39:24 pm
That's terrific, Rob! More veggie pix, please!

Eric M.

Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 30, 2013, 12:57:28 pm
I do like this. They are putting the carpet down im my studio as I post this...soon, I too can start making some fun shots.
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Rob C on May 30, 2013, 04:45:46 pm
I do like this. They are putting the carpet down im my studio as I post this...soon, I too can start making some fun shots.


But don't forget: a little garlic goes a long, long way!

Maybe that explains a few things to me.

;-(

Rob C
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Rob C on May 30, 2013, 04:48:25 pm
That's terrific, Rob! More veggie pix, please!

Eric M.



Thanks, Eric; just shows you the magic of photography: a few minutes before, as I went into the kitchen, I had absolutely no thoughts about snapping a snap. In fact, I think I was about to pour myself a second mug of tea.

Rob C
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 30, 2013, 05:02:48 pm
I suspect a photo of a mug of tea would not be as appealing.
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Rob C on May 31, 2013, 04:13:51 am
I suspect a photo of a mug of tea would not be as appealing.




Dali would have had a swan swim within.

Rob C
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 31, 2013, 10:09:35 am
 


Dali would have had a swan swim within.

Rob C
  ;D
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on June 01, 2013, 06:46:00 pm
Bravo Rob, that is one of the best shots I have ever seen on Lula. I think that image is the equal to anything created by Magritte.

I love it..!!!

Dave
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Rob C on June 02, 2013, 04:28:30 am
Bravo Rob, that is one of the best shots I have ever seen on Lula. I think that image is the equal to anything created by Magritte.

I love it..!!!

Dave



Thanks, Dave, but what are you trying to do -freeze me into a terrified immobility?

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: RSL on June 02, 2013, 07:54:52 am
I've been trying to decide and I've decided it's at least as good as Pepper #30. So Weston bites the dust and Rob moves to the fore. Interesting: both you guys do/did nudes and veggies. Wonder what Freud would say about that combination.
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: petermfiore on June 02, 2013, 08:55:58 am
I've been trying to decide and I've decided it's at least as good as Pepper #30. So Weston bites the dust and Rob moves to the fore. Interesting: both you guys do/did nudes and veggies. Wonder what Freud would say about that combination.


That both demand discriminating TASTE?  

 ;)

Peter
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Rob C on June 02, 2013, 09:10:13 am
I've been trying to decide and I've decided it's at least as good as Pepper #30. So Weston bites the dust and Rob moves to the fore. Interesting: both you guys do/did nudes and veggies. Wonder what Freud would say about that combination.


Green sex, Russ, green sex.

I'm assured that before the invention of plastic it was the only alternative that primitive man could dream up.

I suppose that in the end, Freud, Kinsey et al. did no more than trace the history of Homo sapiens, gather the evidence, and then pronounce their findings and conclusions to an astonished world.

Regarding peppers: I'd been thinking of giving young Eric what he wanted and doing some more vegetarian dishes. I've got as far as putting peppers, red, on the shopping list, but I may now be too afraid of failure to photograph them. (More sexual psychology at work here?) However, all wouldn't be lost: I could always just cook them at the weekend when I enter my self-flagellation period, turn my back on the fleshpots, and do my own penance in the kitchen. (In an effort to check my spelling in the penance area, the dictionary fortuitously spelled out penectomy, a word of which I'd never heard before, and whose path I hope never to cross again.)

To be brutally truthful, Russ, I'd still prefer to photograph the right ladies. Neither garlic nor peppers have much in the way of conversation.

;-) and many thanks,

Rob C
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: RSL on June 02, 2013, 10:06:25 am
I suppose that in the end, Freud, Kinsey et al. did no more than trace the history of Homo sapiens, gather the evidence, and then pronounce their findings and conclusions to an astonished world.

In the end it all comes down to Richard Feinman's dictum: "Nature's primary command is 'do it again.'"
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: Rob C on June 02, 2013, 11:54:06 am
In the end it all comes down to Richard Feinman's dictum: "Nature's primary command is 'do it again.'"



And doesn't that bring massive disappointment!

http://youtu.be/fN4SWKZ3hDE

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Wink to Tchaikovsky
Post by: cjogo on June 02, 2013, 12:21:32 pm


Dali would have had a swan swim within.

Rob C
:D ;D Great One ~!