Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on May 29, 2013, 05:40:10 pm

Title: Vent
Post by: Harald L on May 29, 2013, 05:40:10 pm
In an abandoned coking-plant. What do you think? (color, bw, at all)

(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3794/8883473866_95e9b2a5ae_b.jpg)

(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3665/8883475372_fc434a20b9_b.jpg)

Here are the links for further scrutinizing

http://www.flickr.com/photos/harlemhh/8883473866/lightbox/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harlemhh/8883473866/lightbox/)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/harlemhh/8883475372/lightbox/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/harlemhh/8883475372/lightbox/)
Title: Re: Vent
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 29, 2013, 05:50:19 pm
In an abandoned coking-plant. What do you think? (color, bw, at all)

I like it. It has an air of mystery. I find, unusually for me, that colour is necessary.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Vent
Post by: graeme on May 29, 2013, 06:09:39 pm
Colour.

Lovely image - almost like a split toned b & w anyway.

Graeme
Title: Re: Vent
Post by: RSL on May 29, 2013, 06:17:08 pm
My first reaction was: color. But after studying both images for a while I switched to monochrome. In the mono version the structures on the right are better defined, and I think the improved definition makes for a more balanced composition.
Title: Re: Vent
Post by: Tonysx on May 29, 2013, 07:19:17 pm
My first reaction was: color. But after studying both images for a while I switched to monochrome. In the mono version the structures on the right are better defined, and I think the improved definition makes for a more balanced composition.
I find the colour version much more pleasing. And with a little bit of increase to clarity and vibrance in LR the definition of both left and right structures matches that of the monochrome.
Title: Re: Vent
Post by: francois on May 30, 2013, 06:04:19 am
Color for me…
Title: Re: Vent
Post by: Rob C on May 30, 2013, 11:54:30 am
Colour.

Rob C
Title: Re: Vent
Post by: PeterAit on May 31, 2013, 01:01:32 pm
Fascinating image! Both are good, I vote for the color. It is very gentle color.