Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: mdijb on May 26, 2013, 01:49:16 pm

Title: Support for Sigma files
Post by: mdijb on May 26, 2013, 01:49:16 pm
To ERIC CHAN or anyone with knowledge,  what is the status of development of support for Sigma-Foveon files in LR?

I love the image quality but the Sigma software handling is giant PIA.

MDIJB
Title: Re: Support for Sigma files
Post by: Phil Indeblanc on May 28, 2013, 04:44:35 pm
just wanted to chime in to show interest in this also.

Reason why I have the thing collecting dust!

I think it would at least show a 30% increase(my personal guesstimation) in buyer activity for Sigma if this was done.
Title: Re: Support for Sigma files
Post by: Ligament on May 28, 2013, 04:56:11 pm
Yes, PLEASE Adobe, support the DP merrill series of Sigma cameras! Their software is intolerable.
Title: Re: Support for Sigma files
Post by: Pete_G on May 30, 2013, 07:07:44 am
Eric Chan has already responded to this question, favourably thank goodness.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=77539.0
Title: Re: Support for Sigma files
Post by: mdijb on May 30, 2013, 07:28:44 pm
I saw that post form Eric.

Lr does support the Foveon files from the earlier models of DP series--why is taking so long to support the files from the current models??

MDIJB