Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on May 24, 2013, 04:20:19 pm

Title: an expanse
Post by: Michael West on May 24, 2013, 04:20:19 pm


(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3647/3341720522_679fabdde2_o.jpg)
 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/21247579@N04/3341720522/)
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: wolfnowl on May 24, 2013, 04:23:39 pm
Nice.  Because of the rolling hills and the way the light is shaped, it almost seems as if the frame itself is curved.  Well done.

Mike.
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: nemo295 on May 24, 2013, 06:14:46 pm
Nice shot. Looks like somewhere out in West Marin.
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: Michael West on May 24, 2013, 07:49:47 pm
Nice.  Because of the rolling hills and the way the light is shaped, it almost seems as if the frame itself is curved.  Well done.

Mike.

thanks. the slight "apparent"  curve of the frame is i think probably due to the subtle vignetting
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: Michael West on May 24, 2013, 07:52:22 pm
Nice shot. Looks like somewhere out in West Marin.

I wish that I had either had GPS or a far better memory. This came from either the Nicasio Resevoir or Tomales Bay.

 I was meandering around in some older folders and found this forgotten image this morning
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: nemo295 on May 25, 2013, 03:44:33 am
I wish that I had either had GPS or a far better memory. This came from either the Nicasio Resevoir or Tomales Bay.

 I was meandering around in some older folders and found this forgotten image this morning

My first thought was possibly Tomales Bay, as seen from Inverness. Gorgeous countryside.
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: Tony Jay on May 25, 2013, 07:57:49 am
Wonderful capture Michael.
For what seems at first glance to be a very simple composition with only a very few elements on closer inspection reveals itself chock full of interest.
A large print would probably reveal its true qualities.
Well done.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 25, 2013, 11:28:01 am
I expected an expanse to be bigger.

Perhaps a sheep or a barn would help covey this, as in Rajan's recent contribution.

Very restful and pleasing, nonetheless.
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: PeterAit on May 25, 2013, 11:35:35 am
This is terrific! I can almost sense the clouds moving overhead.
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: Harald L on May 25, 2013, 06:36:46 pm
I just like it. Clear and calm atmosphere.
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: Michael West on May 25, 2013, 10:20:22 pm
I expected an expanse to be bigger.

close inspection of the details proves the point of the expanse, I believe
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: Michael West on May 25, 2013, 10:20:46 pm
This is terrific! I can almost sense the clouds moving overhead.

Thank you!
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: Michael West on May 25, 2013, 10:21:24 pm
I just like it. Clear and calm atmosphere.


Thank you very much.
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: Michael West on May 26, 2013, 12:18:05 am
I'll take your word for it --  1024 x 412 doesn't allow much close inspection of the details ;-)

cure:  Apple Retina Display
Title: Re: an expanse
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on May 26, 2013, 12:22:47 pm
On Windows 7, control + scroll up enlarges the image.