Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on May 23, 2013, 09:18:05 pm

Title: Outback Demise
Post by: MattNQ on May 23, 2013, 09:18:05 pm
I posted this with grouped with some other shots a while back but had no feedback. Possibly either they were all crap, or it got lost in the threads. ;D

It's an image to which I keep coming back to look at though, so am curious as to how it presents itself to others?
Rather than trying for something macabre (would have kept it in full colour  ;D), I was looking to capture the loneliness of an unremarkable death on an isolated outback road.

Any thoughts?

(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Other/Valley-of-Lagoons/i-LDDg4Nt/0/L/DSC_0852mod1-L.jpg)
Title: Re: Outback Demise
Post by: RSL on May 23, 2013, 09:27:32 pm
Ouch!
Title: Re: Outback Demise
Post by: nemo295 on May 24, 2013, 06:25:09 pm
+1
Title: Re: Outback Demise
Post by: francois on May 27, 2013, 03:28:47 am
What was it? Kangaroo? Life is supposed to be tough in the Outback and from your photo, it is!
Title: Re: Outback Demise
Post by: MattNQ on May 27, 2013, 11:33:24 pm
Yes, it is a kangaroo.
Just in case you are wondering,  I don't make a habit of photographing dead animals.

We disturbed a couple of magnificent eagles feeding on the kangaroo as we came around the corner.
I actually stopped to take shots of the eagles who retreated to a nearby tree, staring at me rather grumpily as I disturbed their lunch!
(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Other/Valley-of-Lagoons/i-DsfL2SV/0/S/DSC_0847mod2-S.jpg)

but wandering back along the road, the roadkill shot kind of caught my eye as having potential.

Title: Re: Outback Demise
Post by: francois on May 28, 2013, 06:03:48 am
Quote
…
Just in case you are wondering,  I don't make a habit of photographing dead animals.
…

No problem with dead animals. At least they don't move much!
Title: Re: Outback Demise
Post by: MattNQ on May 28, 2013, 10:43:57 am
very true ;D