Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on May 23, 2013, 02:07:58 pm

Title: lower antelope 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 23, 2013, 02:07:58 pm
Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: lower antelope 2
Post by: Harald L on May 23, 2013, 02:32:13 pm
Yes, but I don't dare to write this.
Title: Re: lower antelope 2
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 23, 2013, 02:50:51 pm
I was going to say something about the shadows ...
Title: Re: lower antelope 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 23, 2013, 02:52:49 pm
Yes, but I don't dare to write this.

Force yourself. If you say you like it, I'll feel pleased; if you don't like it and say why, I'll learn something about photography (which is the main object of the exercise); and if you don't like it and say only "it's crap", I'll learn something about you.

Jeremy
Title: Re: lower antelope 2
Post by: Harald L on May 23, 2013, 02:56:20 pm
Force yourself. If you say you like it, I'll feel pleased; if you don't like it and say why, I'll learn something about photography (which is the main object of the exercise); and if you don't like it and say only "it's crap", I'll learn something about you.

Sorry, don't get me wrong, I like it very much! Well seen and mastered, definitely not crap!
Title: Re: lower antelope 2
Post by: RSL on May 23, 2013, 03:29:10 pm
I agree. Love the way the light worked.
Title: Re: lower antelope 2
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 23, 2013, 03:35:01 pm
I tried to find fault for about 8 seconds then gave in to liking it a lot when I couldn't find that one little bit of abberation.
Title: Re: lower antelope 2
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 23, 2013, 08:51:00 pm
I quite like it, too. In fact I like it better than "Lower Antelope 1."
I'm trying to figure out why. Perhaps in #1 the shadows didn't feel quite as well balanced as here.

Eric M.

Title: Re: lower antelope 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 24, 2013, 04:22:31 am
Thank you, all.

22, I hope you don't feel I was unreasonable. I regard this part of the forum (selfishly) as a great place to learn and honest expression of opinions here as very important. Sometimes people say they like my photos; sometimes they say why they don't; either way, it's helpful to me. Your first comment just left me puzzled.

Jeremy