Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: pflower on May 22, 2013, 12:41:21 pm

Title: Cropping to Portrait Aspect
Post by: pflower on May 22, 2013, 12:41:21 pm
There must be a way of doing this but for the life of me I can't work it out.

I have a number of photos taken in portrait aspect.  According to the info panel the aspect ratio of these are 3136x4704. 

What I want to do is crop some landscape photos so that they match the same aspect ratio - i.e. so that they look like portrait orientated photos.  I can then print them at exactly the same size and the portrait photos.   I would have thought that going to the crop tool and entering in a custom ratio of 3136x4704 would achieve that, but instead it crops to that ratio but in landscape mode - i.e reduces the height of the photo.  Since there is no measurement scale in crop mode I can't do it by hand and arrive at precisely the same size as the portrait photos.

I can of course export to Photoshop and do it there, but can anyone suggest a way of doing this in Lightroom?

Thanks
Title: Re: Cropping to Portrait Aspect
Post by: Ken Bennett on May 22, 2013, 01:02:25 pm
Hit the X keyboard shortcut to reverse the orientation of the crop box. Or drag one of the corners down or over enough to force it to the proper vertical orientation.
Title: Re: Cropping to Portrait Aspect
Post by: pflower on May 22, 2013, 01:05:07 pm
Ha!.  Fantastic.  Just what I wanted.  Thanks a lot.