Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on May 19, 2013, 04:08:12 am

Title: SPO Beach II
Post by: Harald L on May 19, 2013, 04:08:12 am
After a long, long winter here in Germany my first day on the beach

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8254/8752466025_f59479eaa9_b.jpg)
Title: Re: SPO Beach II
Post by: Tony Jay on May 19, 2013, 05:24:39 am
Very interesting image!

I must admit that the beaches that I frequent are generally the palm-fringed ones though.
Was a chilly day (for around here anyway) with temperature only reaching 23 oC.
I still saw plenty of people in the water though even though the westerlies today were flattening the surf out a lot.

I presume this beach is along the Baltic coastline somewhere so I bet you you would not be even dipping a toe in the water yet.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: SPO Beach II
Post by: Harald L on May 19, 2013, 05:44:11 am
Yes, I must admit that I prefer palm-fringed beaches too, but we have to take what we get. This picture is taken at St.-Peter-Ording at the North-Sea and the water was indeed approx. 1 inch cold.

Harald
Title: Re: SPO Beach II
Post by: Tony Jay on May 19, 2013, 05:49:43 am
1 inch!

I have tears of pain in my eyes right now in sympathy!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: SPO Beach II
Post by: francois on May 21, 2013, 04:55:04 am
I like it very much, the lighting and the panoramic aspect ratio are well chosen. The mood is very different from those mediterranean or hawaiian beaches… as is water temperature!  :D