Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on May 19, 2013, 02:14:08 am

Title: Latvian Architecture
Post by: cjogo on May 19, 2013, 02:14:08 am
Downtown Riga ... Wish I still had that scanner > sure was sharp.  Not to mention that Hassy glass.. ;D
Title: Re: Latvian Architecture
Post by: WalterEG on May 19, 2013, 04:40:50 am
Out of interest, WHICH particular Hassy glass Cjogo?  The drawing of the subject looks like it may have been longer rather than shorter.

Title: Re: Latvian Architecture
Post by: Rob C on May 19, 2013, 05:02:46 am
Out of interest, WHICH particular Hassy glass Cjogo?  The drawing of the subject looks like it may have been longer rather than shorter.




Unless it's a dramatic crop, which brings us neatly to another heated argument in another thread where folks try to prove/disprove what perspective is...

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Latvian Architecture
Post by: cjogo on May 19, 2013, 12:09:12 pm
No cropping ( a rarity for me)  >  I believe this is a 120 macro
Title: Re: Latvian Architecture
Post by: wolfnowl on May 19, 2013, 03:13:55 pm
I'm constantly amazed at the level of detail put into many older buildings.  Something sorely lacking from much modern architecture.  However, as Bob would say, 'The times, they are a'changing'.  Nice work, BTW!

Mike.
Title: Re: Latvian Architecture
Post by: WalterEG on May 19, 2013, 03:50:56 pm
I believe this is a 120 macro

Thanks Cjogo,

I figured as much.  On 6x6 the 120 has an incredibly flattering rather than flattening bearing on the drawing of a view.

Keep 'em coming.

W
Title: Re: Latvian Architecture
Post by: cjogo on May 19, 2013, 11:42:55 pm
I search the World for every period of Architecture ...restored or original  ;)