Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Andres Bonilla on May 18, 2013, 04:38:17 pm

Title: Turtle Island
Post by: Andres Bonilla on May 18, 2013, 04:38:17 pm
Here is a few shots from my trip to this beautiful island.
Title: Re: Turtle Island
Post by: Andres Bonilla on May 18, 2013, 04:42:43 pm
A few more.
Title: Re: Turtle Island
Post by: Andres Bonilla on May 19, 2013, 03:24:38 pm
Two more.
Title: Re: Turtle Island
Post by: RSL on May 19, 2013, 05:43:32 pm
Andres, they're beautiful places, but are we pushing the color saturation a bit?
Title: Re: Turtle Island
Post by: Andres Bonilla on May 19, 2013, 08:07:04 pm
Thanks for your comment! Some one asked me if I hace done sky replacements, no the sky were gorgeous specially after the storm we got thankfully for only one day, what I did do was levels were I move the slider a bit inwards to push the constrast a bit; I took some of these photos at 1600 ASA and they came out a bit flat. I usually don't push the saturation past + 18 because I start to get weird colors. I was thinking that since sometimes I exposed for the highlights the colors got a bit saturated? I have had bad experience trying to recover blown up sand and skies. I have CS2 so I don't know if the newer version are more forgiving or powerful in terms of high range photos. Some of the areas I thought they were going to look great, well they did not, the beach was just totally white and with zero detail. Any suggestions would be great! Or just desaturate them a bit?
Title: Re: Turtle Island
Post by: stamper on May 20, 2013, 04:32:49 am
Personally I think they are fine viewed on my monitor and they suit my taste. The first two sunset images are top notch. I am a sunset fan and they are really good. Piedra-cu is also really good. No criticism from me. :)
Title: Re: Turtle Island
Post by: francois on May 21, 2013, 06:05:55 am
Beautiful galleries… Saturation is high but for me, still OK.

Sunsets are especially nice!
Title: Re: Turtle Island
Post by: stamper on May 21, 2013, 10:17:16 am
Saturation is high but I don't see any loss of detail....therefore acceptable? This kind of sunset - imo - is suited to a high dose of the "slider to the right".
Title: Re: Turtle Island
Post by: Andres Bonilla on May 23, 2013, 04:54:58 am
Personally I think they are fine viewed on my monitor and they suit my taste. The first two sunset images are top notch. I am a sunset fan and they are really good. Piedra-cu is also really good. No criticism from me. :)

Thanks! For some reason the sunsets in this area are phenomenal!! I tried to capture the feeling and beauty of the place.
Title: Re: Turtle Island
Post by: Andres Bonilla on May 23, 2013, 04:59:12 am
Beautiful galleries… Saturation is high but for me, still OK.

Sunsets are especially nice!
Thank you! I loved the peace and tranquility of the island.
Title: Re: Turtle Island
Post by: Andres Bonilla on May 23, 2013, 05:01:02 am
Saturation is high but I don't see any loss of detail....therefore acceptable? This kind of sunset - imo - is suited to a high dose of the "slider to the right".

This one is less dramatic, it was taken a different day.