Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 18, 2013, 12:17:48 pm

Title: Skye, Rum and Canna
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 18, 2013, 12:17:48 pm
From two nights ago.

Dave
Title: Re: Skye, Rum and Canna
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 18, 2013, 12:41:41 pm
Very nice! Pebbles edge echoing the cloud shape is a plus. But I am sure you "pre"-visualized it ;)
Title: Re: Skye, Rum and Canna
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 18, 2013, 03:05:34 pm
Wot Slobodan said
Title: Re: Skye, Rum and Canna
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 18, 2013, 05:17:40 pm
Very nice! Pebbles edge echoing the cloud shape is a plus. But I am sure you "pre"-visualized it ;)

Thanks Slobodan and thanks for noticing that.

In the original post, I did write about the repeating shapes of the clouds, the water and the pebbles etc, but thought everyone would either think I was going way too deep, or worse still, getting far too full of myself, so I deleted all the waffle and just put the picture up instead to see what others thought of it.

Ditto Bill  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Skye, Rum and Canna
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 18, 2013, 10:52:01 pm
I like how the ridge leads us in and the second ridge keeps us between the luminous clouds. Good catch.
Title: Re: Skye, Rum and Canna
Post by: francois on May 21, 2013, 05:03:07 am
Splendid! The different shapes (pebble zone, water and sky with clouds) play out very well together!

Well seen, bravo!
Title: Re: Skye, Rum and Canna
Post by: Tony Jay on May 21, 2013, 06:30:55 am
On another level: this image just took all the stress and tension out of my day with its peace and serenity.
Thank you Dave!

Tony Jay