Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on May 17, 2013, 08:09:52 am

Title: The Last One from Moab--Really!
Post by: David Eckels on May 17, 2013, 08:09:52 am
Thought I would post this for comment as it's something different. There is a magnificent rock just outside Moab UT south on US6 with all this ancient graffiti that I found intriguing. Light was flat due to overcast, but wanted to try my hand with it. Has anyone worked with such before? Any tips? This really is the last one ;)
Title: Re: The Last One from Moab--Really!
Post by: francois on May 17, 2013, 10:49:32 am
That's a good result. I never managed to get outstanding petroglyph photos… I remember that Alain Briot got a very good shot of Newspaper Rock (http://www.beautiful-landscape.com/RA%20Newspaper%20Rock.html) and it was featured in an early issue of the Video Journal. The book Images in Stone (http://www.amazon.com/Images-Stone-David-Muench/dp/156313604X) from David Muench has some very nice rock art photos.

By the way, don't imagine that we're fed up with your Moab photos! Keep them coming…

 :)