Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on May 07, 2013, 12:41:03 pm

Title: La Defense
Post by: cjogo on May 07, 2013, 12:41:03 pm
A little Parisian art ..
Title: Re: La Defense
Post by: francois on May 07, 2013, 01:15:18 pm
A little Parisian art ..

Very nice… I went by this spot many times but never noticed those poles. I must say that I was always in a hurry and kept my nose pointed to the ground like hunting dogs!
Title: Re: La Defense
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 07, 2013, 02:12:03 pm
Very nice… I went by this spot many times but never noticed those poles. I must say that I was always in a hurry and kept my nose pointed to the ground like hunting dogs!

If you'd really been behaving like a dog, you'd certainly have noticed the poles  ;)

Jeremy
Title: Re: La Defense
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 07, 2013, 03:21:07 pm
If you'd really been behaving like a dog, you'd certainly have noticed the poles  ;)

 ;D
Title: Re: La Defense
Post by: Rob C on May 07, 2013, 05:02:51 pm
If you'd really been behaving like a dog, you'd certainly have noticed the poles  ;)

Jeremy


That's a good lesson in the importance of proper punctuation. Imagine if it had been a capital p instead. I am always trying to impress upon people that these things matter - they ease communication and keep folks on the same programme. And, had you actually wanted to use a capital p and hadn't, the point would have been lost forever.

Rob C
Title: Re: La Defense
Post by: francois on May 08, 2013, 02:37:03 am
If you'd really been behaving like a dog, you'd certainly have noticed the poles  ;)

Jeremy

I prefer real trees!

 :D
Title: Re: La Defense
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 08, 2013, 03:39:54 am
That's a good lesson in the importance of proper punctuation. Imagine if it had been a capital p instead. I am always trying to impress upon people that these things matter - they ease communication and keep folks on the same programme. And, had you actually wanted to use a capital p and hadn't, the point would have been lost forever.

Oh, I agree. Correct punctuation is one of my hobby horses.

Last year in London a man was spotted carrying a long, flexible rod over his shoulder. Someone said to him "Are you by any chance a pole vaulter?" He replied, "No. I'm German. But how did you know my name is Walter?".

Jeremy
Title: Re: La Defense
Post by: WalterEG on May 08, 2013, 04:15:47 am
How often have I had that one thrown at me?

Cheers,

Walter
Title: Re: La Defense
Post by: Rob C on May 08, 2013, 09:25:01 am
How often have I had that one thrown at me?

Cheers,

Walter


Could be worse: could be Walt as in Disney.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: La Defense
Post by: cjogo on May 08, 2013, 01:56:57 pm
Fun place