Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: hjulenissen on April 30, 2013, 07:34:17 am
-
What are suggested tools to be able to assemble a series of images taken at different vantage points into one single image that appears to be taken from one (possibly different) vantage point? I understand that no optics or software is able to "look around corners".
If I want to take an image of some object from some vantage point, then recreate (as good as possible) the scene from that same vantage point by placing a print in place of the object, how would I go about it?
regards
h
-
What are suggested tools to be able to assemble a series of images taken at different vantage points into one single image that appears to be taken from one (possibly different) vantage point? I understand that no optics or software is able to "look around corners".
If I want to take an image of some object from some vantage point, then recreate (as good as possible) the scene from that same vantage point by placing a print in place of the object, how would I go about it?
Hi,
I'm not exactly clear on what you are trying to achieve, but maybe it is something like Microsoft's Photosynth (http://photosynth.net/).
It is also possible to achieve similar effects by using more traditional pano-stitching methods. A more or less automated version could be Microsoft Research's Image Composite Editor (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ICE/) (ICE).
Another possibility to achieve such composites is by using a regular pano-stitcher, possibly in combination with some masking as a kind of inverse Ghost removal, a Ghost insertion. Hugin (http://hugin.sourceforge.net/) is free and quite powerful.
Cheers,
Bart