Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: AFairley on April 22, 2013, 02:16:46 pm

Title: Pink tree
Post by: AFairley on April 22, 2013, 02:16:46 pm

(http://www.ahfairley.com/gallery/2013/content/images/large/Pink_Tree.jpg)
Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: francois on April 23, 2013, 05:13:24 am
I like it… The slant of the tree and the street is what makes it interesting for me.

Well seen and well captured!
Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: AFairley on April 24, 2013, 03:32:30 pm
Thanks for commenting, Francois
Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: amolitor on April 24, 2013, 04:23:49 pm
Very nice. I am finding myself increasingly drawn to what I think of (in my white western way) as an "chinese painting" look. Spare, organic, lots of open space. I like the contrast of the hard building geometry with the delicate organic tracery of the tree.
Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: WalterEG on April 24, 2013, 04:27:16 pm
I agree with all of the above but the elephant in the room for me is the lean in the vertical line of mortar between the stones which harmonises with the arc to the right of the tree.

Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: RSL on April 24, 2013, 05:39:38 pm
I like it, but I just had to see. . .
Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 24, 2013, 05:42:08 pm
The wall is in shadow, so I wonder if darkening it a little bit would bring out the sunlit tree.
Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: nemo295 on April 24, 2013, 07:55:59 pm
The B&W version is nice, but I prefer the subtle interplay of color in the original.
Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: WalterEG on April 24, 2013, 08:43:49 pm
I am usually a mono-tragic but in this instance the delicacy of the colour shot has clung hard to the baby in the bathwater.

Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: AFairley on April 24, 2013, 11:08:51 pm
I like it, but I just had to see. . .
Wow, that is a different look!  Did you do anything special in the conversion, or is it just a contrast boost?  (But for me it is all about the (hopefully) delicacy of the color.  Actually, I had to boost the saturation of the pink blossoms to keep them from disappearing into the wall.)
Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: Rob C on April 25, 2013, 03:56:25 am
Wow, that is a different look!  Did you do anything special in the conversion, or is it just a contrast boost?  (But for me it is all about the (hopefully) delicacy of the color.  Actually, I had to boost the saturation of the pink blossoms to keep them from disappearing into the wall.)


The colour one is very appealing, more so than the b/w - for me.

Rob C
Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: RSL on April 25, 2013, 05:36:28 am
Yeah, I like the color better too, but I just had to see what it would turn out to be in B&W.

Very nice, Alan.
Title: Re: Pink tree
Post by: woodrowcampbell on May 02, 2013, 07:17:49 pm
So I'm kind of figuring this part of this forum out.  I assume that it's ok for someone besides the thread starter to post an on topic image (in this case a pink tree).  (Please let me know if its not!)  I'm a sucker for pink trees this time of year so I have a number of them.  Here's an example.

(http://www.woodycampbell.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/20130425-M1000777.jpg)