Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: SimonC on April 21, 2013, 03:45:42 am
-
Hello,
I have a 4 year old Epson R2880 (only light use) using Epson inks which on the whole I'm very happy with. However I do find that occasionally when I try printing in ABW mode I get a colour cast (either magenta or greenish currently). Same paper, all other settings the same, only thing that's changed is I've recently switched back from doing a small print run using the Matt cartridge. I've run a head cleaning and alignment check but no joy. Has anyone any ideas on how I can solve this frustrating problem?
Many thanks,
Simon
-
I assume you did a head cleaning because the nozzle check showed problems. Is the nozzle check showing all nozzles OK?
-
Actually the nozzle check didn't show any problems, I just did a head clean to ensure that wasn't the problem.
-
Thanks for all your help, I thought I'd better close this off.
I was coming to the conclusion that the problem must be ink related in some way and had taken all the cartridges out and shaken them. I started to go through a series of Head Cleaning cycles and I think I was starting to see some improvement, then the Vivid Light Magenta cartridge ran out (last changed in November) and after I changed it and it had gone through its cleaning cycle the resulting test print is much more neutral!
Thanks again for you help, I was tearing out what little hair I have left over this problem!
Simon