Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: chichornio on April 15, 2013, 07:14:13 pm

Title: Monitor looks different in Lion and Leopard with the same profile
Post by: chichornio on April 15, 2013, 07:14:13 pm
Why this happen? I load the same custom monitor icc profile in both Mac OS and the monitor looks brighter in Lion than in Leopard. I´m running both OS in the same Macbook Pro 15" late 2008. Any help will be very welcome!
Title: Re: Monitor looks different in Lion and Leopard with the same profile
Post by: Mac Mahon on April 16, 2013, 12:30:28 am
Sounds like brightness and/or contrast settings may have been reset to native in the upgrade.  What happens when you build a new custom profile with your former parameters?

Tim
Title: Re: Monitor looks different in Lion and Leopard with the same profile
Post by: chichornio on April 16, 2013, 09:45:47 am
Sounds like brightness and/or contrast settings may have been reset to native in the upgrade.  What happens when you build a new custom profile with your former parameters?

Well, it can be, but I think is a Mac OS issue. I´m using a 30" Samsung SyncMaster 305T (it´s not a wide gamut monitor and it comes factory pre-calibrated). I really like the monitor, specially the anti glare screen (much better than the Dell 30"). The difference I see in brightnees and contrast switching between Lion and Leopard happens using the same original icc profile (name and creation date). So, I don´t know where is the problem. I´m keeping Leopard because of Rosseta based app.